Original topic:

Battery backup after the last update in m30s

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 10:10 AM)
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
Well after the december update samsung did an amazing job with the battery.. for my kind of usage(I'm not a gamer) I was getting around 14-15 hours+ screen on time in the tenure of 2 days. with almost zero idle drain. The average consumption was 5% per hour which is no doubt amazing.

But after the last update which pushed March 2020 security patched the battery backup reduced a bit.. like 10-15%. Now the average consumption is 6-7% per hour and the overall screen on time I am getting is 12+ hours. Which is almost 2-3 hours less than what I was getting previously. And the idle drain in the night is almost 5%. Yes Samsung did surprise us with the march security patch in the month of february.. I really appreciate that but this time they messed up with the battery. I hope they fix this. Thank you. 
4 Comments
Sahilj1
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
it will be fixed in april update I guess
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
I hope that too.. but in april it is scheduled to get android 10 which will normally have bigger bugs I guess 😃
Galaxy M

Hi there,

To resolve the issue please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the given link: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Regards,

Team Samsung Member

0 Likes
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
these are basic troubleshooting methods.. I know these things I am using same sim card before and after the update not using any games and I always keep my phone in the medium power saving mode still the battery is draining too fast and the device is heating like hell.. The problems are arriving after the last update. before that everything was fine. and I have already provided feedback but you have no answer but 'the log files are insufficient' i am fed up hearing the same. I request you to solve this issue rather giving excuses
0 Likes