Original topic:

Battery Drain in M51

(Topic created on: 01-22-2021 10:48 PM)
Rajeev3078
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Inspite of updating my M51 into oneui 2.5, The  battery of my phone drains from 100% to 96% within 15 to 20 minutes as it used to be.
33 Comments
Saurabh1977
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
please check it apps which are running in the background. close the apps which you don't use.
also check the network in your area. if the network is weak then the mobile will continuously search for the network resulting in battery drain
0 Likes
Galaxy M
It doesn't matter in how much time it drains from 100 to 96. All matters is, how much SoT you are getting? I get 12+ hours of SoT, that means M51 battery is doing it's job.
kosika
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
true but .... it is very unusual in practice... 7000mAh battery shouldn't show such performance. the problem is also idle battery drain. my previous m20 with 5000mAh used to give 14 hrs.... It shouldn't be common with m51 with 7000mAh battery . haven't you noticed the battery drain
Galaxy M
No bro, use accubattery app for real time SoT measurement. Samsung's own battery measurement is **bleep**. if I consider samsung native battery app, then I am getting 18 hours of SoT.
0 Likes
Saurabh1977
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
my observation is that battery drain is high from 100%-90% and then when the battery level is below 20%. i am not aware of the reason for the same.
Rajeev3078
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
you are right Saurabh1977 ji. I close all the applications running in background before charging the phone. I have m30s that doesn't behave like this. It's battery doesn't drain even 1% for 4 to 5 hours until I use my phone. remember I always keep my data off while I do not use my phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
hmm I keep my wifi always on or when outside I keep data on but I get over 12 hours screentime with 151 apps but I keep most apps in deep sleep and I play light games, strong emulators and lot of browsing and discord
still have 40% right now

Screenshot_20210123-001554_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
as far as i know one of the main reasons of battery drain is background activity,
even you close apps but they uses ur battery and running in background unnecessary, see image(1) and read the statement.
2nd due to huge notification options.
for e.g ; Google has huge notification which we don't need at all see image(2) just scroll up and down and check how many notification it does have.
So do these settings to stop, which consume battery unnecessarily.

1. Settings>>Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Settings>>Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

Screenshot_20200909-020608_Settings_60630.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-222607_Settings_58499.jpg

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Besides above settings do some more settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> then go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if not using that apps then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> account > checkwhich app syncing automatically there and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and disable sync.

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Settings>>Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.