Original topic:

Bad experience with M51 Wifi

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 01:20 PM)
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I purchased an M51 today, and to my surprise the WiFi connectivity was too bad. My 2 year old Honor tablet and all other phones in my house (Realms 5, X2 pro) are giving so much better range in the same place, so no router issue. It is difficult to get decent speed even in the adjacent room to the router. Tried basic troubleshooting by resetting network settings and all but nothing works. Very Disappointed.

Edit: Also noticed that th signal drops too drastically when I tilt the phone down. I know it happens in all devices to some extent, but here it goes from four bars to just one.

19 Comments
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Do you think this can be corrected through a software/firmware update?
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
If hardware is inferior then I don't think any software/firmware can do much.
Also please note that M series is not sold globally but A series is.
They launch M series models too quickly just following Chinese brands.
So I am sure there will less focus on software updates for M-series.
nil29
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I am also facing similar issues with wifi signal, and wifi not reconnect even if I go near to router
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Reset Network Settings: Go to apps screen >Settings >General Management >Reset >Reset Network Setting.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
supercoder
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
even i am facing this problem, sent 3 error reports also no response yet
0 Likes
ishangautam7
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Almost every M51 user is facing this issue. We are unable to connect to Wi-Fi from M51. Two of my friends who bought this weekest monster M51 are also facing the same issue.

Three of us have replaced the M51 but still stuck at the same issue.

Also, contacted Samsung technicians, they took control of the phone through remote login and even they are unable to fix it.

To the surprise, Samsung is not even acknowledging this issue. Tried getting intouch with them through their official handles FB, Insta, Twitter but all in vain.

Now, I'm in touch with the known YouTuber, he's testing the phone & if he also verifies the issue, he'll highlight this issue on his next video :)

Only then Samsung will wake up.

ASSASSIN37
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Did you ever find a solution to the WiFi connection issues? Got my m51 a few days ago and the WiFi connection issues are just terrible. 

ishangautam7
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Issue is still here... M51 can't connect to Wi-Fi...

Reseting router 

Replacing router 

Factory reset 

Replacing M51 with new M51

Nothing works here.

Now as a solution, I have bought 10000 rupees Mi phone which easily connects with Wi-Fi. I have kept M51 as secondary phone which I use for clicking photographs.

0 Likes
santhoshtech
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I'm also facing Bluetooth and WiFi issue in my m51. I have reported multiple times still no response.

Hoping for Samsung to give a patch updated for this problem.

I also suggest my friend not to buy this device. because WiFi and Bluetooth are the key factor now a days. still Samsung didn't got it.
0 Likes
aktiwa
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
facing same issue. My oneplus showing over 15 available networks from surrounding flats but my m51 is not catching my 5ghz wifi from router installed in another room. Also under wifi it shows very few networks available. None of the 5ghz band visible and also 2.4 ghz signal very less.
0 Likes