Original topic:

Bad experience with M51 Wifi

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 09:36 AM)
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I purchased an M51 today, and to my surprise the WiFi connectivity was too bad. My 2 year old Honor tablet and all other phones in my house (Realms 5, X2 pro) are giving so much better range in the same place, so no router issue. It is difficult to get decent speed even in the adjacent room to the router. Tried basic troubleshooting by resetting network settings and all but nothing works. Very Disappointed.

Edit: Also noticed that th signal drops too drastically when I tilt the phone down. I know it happens in all devices to some extent, but here it goes from four bars to just one.

19 Comments
yashchaplot
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
that's may be due to software problem or may be hardware related so check ur device at Samsung service center, if any issues found they will replace ur device or give an coupon so u can buy another one also..
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Luckily, it is in the replacement period for amazon. Hoping the technician appointed doesn't create an issue in sending for a replacement as their useless diagnostic apps say everything is fine. I was curious to see if anyone else had this problem and check if it is indeed a software issue. But pretty disappointed with Samsung nonetheless.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
yes i also face this issue, i had recognized this issue after 20 day purchased
0 Likes
Members_xEJeYAG
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M

I have the same issue with my M51

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
try these steps one by one

1. Forget all WIFI devices which were connected earlier.
Again turn on WIFI> Scan> and try to connect.

2. Or click on "add network "and try to add manually.
If after all settings if won't work then

3. Reset network settings >Settings>General Management>Reset >Reset network settings)
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Did it, but no result as mentioned in the post. signal weak as ever.
0 Likes
DaljeetGandhi
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
samsung has inherent problem with hotspot with all its M series phones . my m31 is also not detected in leneovo, dell laptops. thought other brand phones hotspot is easily detected. The same is the case with my friend circle who have purchased M series.
Pitkar
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
It's funny how they compromise with the rather more important features - networking and processor.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Many M series devices seem to be having poor network reception issue whether it is cellular or WiFi or even Bluetooth issues in some cases.
RF systems are important in mobile and cost considerable amount. May be in cutting down costs Samsung is not providing similar RF components, design as A series.