BSNL 2G not supported in Samsung Galaxy A50 and other Handsets

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 08:28 AM)
bsskondotty
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Hello,

I work in BSNL Mobile services.

Recently, we have upgraded our mobile network to 4G LTE from existing 3G WCDMA.

As part of the up gradation, customers have swapped their existing 3G SIM to 4G SIM.

As we are using a single 2100MHz band for either 3g or 4g along with the 2G in 900MHz band, in areas where we have upgraded the network to 4G, customers will not be getting 3G signal.

Now, it is observed that many customers using Samsung Handsets are facing the issue of not able to make or receive calls in 4g/2g area. They were using the handset and making/receiving calls when the area was 3g/2g. Also, it may pls be noted that 3G network has the DATA+VOICE facility built in whereas in case of 4G network , the device has to either allow VoLTE or fall back to 2G network for making/receiving call/voice.

Many customers who used to have our number for years together would like to get the 2G calling facility along with the 4G Data facility on their SAMSUNG device. Request you to look into this so that the customers can use 2g along with 4g in their SAMSUNG device.

We are ready to extend any support with regards to the Network part for resolving the issue.

Looking forward for a Technical solution for our esteemed customers .

Thank you

Mohamed Niyas

12 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
I think you need to escalate this highly important issue via appropriate official channels from BSNL to Samsung Corporate/PR team.
This is just user forum and I don't think any Samsung employees check this forum seriously.

BTW , I use BSNL SIM and Jio in my phone and do not face any issue.
I am from Maharashtra ,Goa circle.

Both are always set to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.
Jio is always using 4G VoLTE and BSNL is UMTS for Voice/HSUPA for data (Basically on 3G).

I haven't face any issue with calls reception or sms on bsnl.
MITBLASTER
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
what mobile are you using bro?
how you activated bsnl volte in samsung device?
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
I have not.
0 Likes
MITBLASTER
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
then its showing bro volte calls for bsnl
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
It is wrongly showing.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Because BSNL doesn't have proper VoLTE services.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
yes right,
must write officially to samsung, I am also using BSNL sim and have not any issue. But in our district solapur maharashtra still not upgraded to 3g to 4g,
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Samsung_Jlinpb2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Hello,

I too face similar issue in samsung A50. Im using dual sim , one is jio and one is BSNL , both set to 4g LTE mode. From last one week im not able to make calls from BSNL sim through samsung a50. Same sim is working in other phones. And other sim's are working in samsung a50 in same sim slot.