Original topic:

Automatically app installs after samsung system update, even i have not selected

(Topic created on: 11-29-2020 05:08 PM)
AditiDeepakGupta
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Please guide what is the issue... Whenever i update my Samsung M30s mobile, some apps automatically get installed even i have not selected if any... For eg. After todays system update 3 apps installed like ... candy crush, taka tak etc... pls guide... Is anyone experiencing the same ..?

6 Comments
kumar6789
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
This is not new. This happens with s and note series also.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
1) first open galaxy store>settings >disable marketing choice

2) set "never" to auto update app

3) go to customisation service >disable galaxy store from there

and whenever you update galaxy store or reset your device, and after that if you open Galaxy store you will get the option as i attached image, so untick all in recommendation and untick for marketing choice

20201103_170405_63659.jpg

20201103_170432_63660.jpg

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
no dear, i have never faced this type of issue, if after update when you open this will get you like i attached, need to do is untick all
Faraz_F34_5G
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Thank you Ehsank.. my marketing choice was already off since One UI 2.0 update.
But this option of screenshot appeared after Galaxy store update.
Hope I don't face this issue again
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M

Well, that's the first thing I did for every phone I have and never got anything. I have 3 M series Samsung phones and none of those got any of these after any update. Not even the screens @Ehsank shared. All 3 devices got a prompt to enrol in their 'Marketing Choice' and that's annoying but does not install anything.

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes