Active Level 5
A tip for all those who're eagerly waiting for android Q on their Samsung midranger and are gonna update as soon as it is made available~ Don't.
Companies like Samsung have reputation of destroying their midrangers with updates, and I don't think I have to explain what happened with M20, M30 and A50s with the Q update( My M30s also got its battery backup ripped off with the latest patch- for exmple). 
So, my request to all of you is to wait until a reveiw is made available highlighting the bugs of the update, and then make your decision.
Barring the full screen gestures and small stuff, Android Q isn't much big of an upgrade to Android P. ( you won't even notice the difference unless you're a phone geek.)
Also, keep in mind that Midrangers from a company like Samsung are only best with the OS it came out-of-the-box.
(P.S.: This is a repost, the original post disappeared soon after posting and idk why).
4 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 6
sir i updated my a30 and a50s to android 10 what should I do would it be harmful
Highlighted
Active Level 5
It isn't 'Harmful' or anything. The update would probably just affect the performance of the device. It has no side effect on your personal data.
And if you've already updated, there's nothing you can do, other than waiting for another patch which (possibly) fixes the bugs.
Don't worry about your data and device.
Highlighted
Active Level 10
Software updates are meant to optimize and enhance the performance of your device. Sure sometimes a bug will cause issues for you but it's not like that it happens always. I am using M30s since the day it was launched and I have never experienced any issues in my device pre or post updates.

Sometimes the users are at fault too not that I'm saying that company never makes a mistake, they do.

But waiting for an update to fix the real problems isn't a solution because it will never arrive, manufacturers are too busy working on something new they can sell to find time or maintain the things they have already sold. It just painful to know that even though smartphones have advanced a lot but we still have to find user-initiated fixes because the software performs poorly.

The whole point is you can try fixing an issue by performing a software reset after you have received a major updates, I'm not saying it's mandatory but it won't do any harm either and if the problem still persists just take your phone to the service centre.
Highlighted
Active Level 5
I'm talking about this. (SS attached)
Sure, this is an year n half old, but that does not mean that it never happened.
Also, I'm not saying that you should never update your device, my point was that you should not get carried away and straightaway update your phone, rather look at a throughout review of the update before installing it, so that you'll know about the bugs that it brings and you can wait until next patch (potentially) fixing these bugs arrives, and then install the update.
Also, I'd rather be on a fast, optimized Android P OS rather than a slow, buggy, unoptimized Android Q one.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defame Samsung, I, too like Samsung products, infact, many other phone companies are guilty of the same practices (nearly each company providing a mtk chipset in its device).