Original topic:

Always On Display (AOD) bugs and missing features

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 07:52 AM)
DanielRoyte
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hi. I'm currently using the Samsung M30 with Android 10 OneUI 2.0 with the march security update and for the longest time I have been having issues with my Always On Display. 

Whenever I lock the screen the AOD lights up and then the brightness goes down suddenly to a very dim light and sometimes it doesn't
I have searched for answers for this and people usually say to turn up the brightness from the settings and my problem is that I don't have a brightness slider in my AOD settings, I've provided an image below

I have tried clearing cache and data, force stopping the app, removing and approving permissions and everything else.
Does this have something to do with my AOD app version? I have version 5.1.25 which after I checked is not the latest version as mentioned in the image below.

I checked on apkmirror and the latest version is actually 5.2.05.8 which after downloading the apk, I cannot install because it always says app not installed and I cannot find an update on play store or in the galaxy store

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks and stay safe during this hard times!

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Bro i too face the same issue, I'm too a M30 user
And i think it's a feature to make the AOD more battery efficient i guess, and it usually makes me frustrated that sometimes it goes dim and sometimes it doesn't.
0 Likes
darshan98
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Earlier AOD was working at constant brightness but in android 10 after turning screen of it measures the ambient light and decrease the brightness of it detects low ambient light.
0 Likes
Rajrup2002
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
what theme do u using bro,,,,,pls sayy
0 Likes
DanielRoyte
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
What do you mean? it's Dark Mode
0 Likes
Rajrup2002
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
I can see you network and tower sign is different from the default Samsung's.,,,,,like stock android,,,,,for that I wanna know how do you do that!!!
0 Likes
Members_ftWpZNQ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

But my A22 same problem 

0 Likes
shekhardemon
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
they will not help you bro never do they will not allow AOD app update On older phone because we will not gonna buy new one after it.
0 Likes