Highlighted
Beginner Level 2
Hi. I'm currently using the Samsung M30 with Android 10 OneUI 2.0 with the march security update and for the longest time I have been having issues with my Always On Display. 

Whenever I lock the screen the AOD lights up and then the brightness goes down suddenly to a very dim light and sometimes it doesn't
I have searched for answers for this and people usually say to turn up the brightness from the settings and my problem is that I don't have a brightness slider in my AOD settings, I've provided an image below

I have tried clearing cache and data, force stopping the app, removing and approving permissions and everything else.
Does this have something to do with my AOD app version? I have version 5.1.25 which after I checked is not the latest version as mentioned in the image below.

I checked on apkmirror and the latest version is actually 5.2.05.8 which after downloading the apk, I cannot install because it always says app not installed and I cannot find an update on play store or in the galaxy store

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks and stay safe during this hard times!

5 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 6
Bro i too face the same issue, I'm too a M30 user
And i think it's a feature to make the AOD more battery efficient i guess, and it usually makes me frustrated that sometimes it goes dim and sometimes it doesn't.
Highlighted
Active Level 9
Earlier AOD was working at constant brightness but in android 10 after turning screen of it measures the ambient light and decrease the brightness of it detects low ambient light.
Active Level 4
what theme do u using bro,,,,,pls sayy
Highlighted
Beginner Level 2
What do you mean? it's Dark Mode
Highlighted
Active Level 4
I can see you network and tower sign is different from the default Samsung's.,,,,,like stock android,,,,,for that I wanna know how do you do that!!!