Original topic:

All M series users respond here

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 10:20 AM)
saink
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Samsung is releasing number of phones just by changing names and with reducing features especially M Series

Most M series phones like m31s , Samsung m51, Samsung m31, all these phones costs more than 18k. But these comes with

One ui core version 
No carrier aggregation (f62 as well)
No nfc (m31)
No app lock
No internet meter
No Samsung pay 
No goodlock features
Outdated processors
Lot of bugs
Lacks full knox support

Samsung should look on these things and should include in upcoming phones. 
Galaxy M
Who won't trust what's written in Amazon website?? I needed a phone in emergency that time so I just browsed some phones in Amazon and flipkart, went through the specifications and chose this one.
And one thing if I or any m31 user files a case in the consumer court that Samsung cheated him/her then boom, Samsung is screwed.( I would have done that waay before but my dad refused, so samsung is lucky 😂)
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
So what features you want Samsung to provide in M31?

Carrier Aggression should be given. ( I agree )

NFC requires hardware so you can't get it.

Samsung Pay requires NFC which isn't available in M31 so not possible to provide.

Knox is a both hardware and software based feature if hardware is not available then can't be provided.

And Good Lock is a Series based feature ( only provided in S, Note and A series from the beginning/launch ).
So Samsung won't provide it in M series.

Besides One Ui core is just a naming term.
No Samsung Pay, no Knox, no Good Lock = One Ui core.
0 Likes
ElectronKun
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Actually there is KNOX hardware in M31 but its functionality is limited to secure firmware and that KNOX e-fuse which gets tripped on modifying firmware(rooting or installing another firmware) by Samsung.
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
And I didn't understand your second point. I don't know about this 'cscfeatures.xml' thing. Can you explain it to me?
0 Likes
Galaxy M
It is a system file which Samsung uses to add or remove features based on hardware, price and if they want. Similar to camerafeatures.xml.
For example root/system/cameradata/camerafeatures.xml have stored the features of my camera app. Such as

This means my camera can focus in bokeh mode, if it's written false thaen you can't use focus in bokeh mode
pankaj21
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Right dear
0 Likes
IcyJay30
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
They are making big money using 'only non-chinese brand' card in midrange category.
Moreover they are going to use chinese oleds in future M series.
OneUI core #neveragain
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah bro
0 Likes
Galaxy M
1- THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU FULL UI, they don't want super backlash from A series users. and hence goodlock won't be available.
what's knox full?
0 Likes
Galaxy M
even processor is less powerfull than sd 632
0 Likes