Original topic:

Abnormal heat

(Topic created on: 10-29-2021 07:18 PM)
VishwaD
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Hey, I am using Galaxy M31 Device for my daily purposes, from recently It is generating heat from the upper front of the device. The heat is generated when I am using my phone for 10 minutes and also tasks I am performing are very low (such as sending pdf, taking screenshots, sending messages). Since all the apps and software are up to date I couldn't figure what is the problem please give me a solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy M
Ok that is not normal at all. If this is randomly happening. I recommend you doing 3 things (if you haven't tried already)

1. A simple restart of the phone. Sometimes apps act weirdly in the background and can generate heat. I also recommend you turn on Automation functions (which allows u to auto restart ur device as many times as u want during a week)

2. Clear your cache partition. This requires you to boot into the recovery mode of the phone. Ur phone specific method is easily found online. If you can't find it, just comment and I'll help you. (This usually fixes any issues)

If the issue still persists

3. Factory reset the phone after backing up all your data and apps. This will basically refresh ur phone to brandnew and u can start all over again.

Try 1 and 2 and see, if nothing works then 3. Please comment we are happy to help

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Comments
Bhashu
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
1. Restart the device
2. Cheak for the update
3. Try diagnostic tool in samsung member app.
4. Contact your samsung care center & get help.

If you help my solutions, please click 3 dots & click accept solution.

Thank u
VishwaD
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I tried all those things before posting this
0 Likes
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Is this started to happen after the last security patch?
VishwaD
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
No. This begins to happen since last two weeks
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Hi Vishwa could u go to Device Care > Battery and post a screenshot of that? Usually apps that eat up a lot of battery tend to overheat the phone.

Maybe ur phone might benefit from clearing the cache partition of your device. Please let me know what you have tried already.
0 Likes
VishwaD
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
These are the screebshots you had asked and I gave my last 7days usage too because I am not a hard user because of my scheduleScreenshot_20211030-112622_Device care_51503.jpgScreenshot_20211030-112610_Device care_51502.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy M
And whenever u use ur phone it gets fully heated? Or is it while using a specific app or game?
0 Likes
VishwaD
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
No it is generated when my screen is turned on
Solution
Galaxy M
Ok that is not normal at all. If this is randomly happening. I recommend you doing 3 things (if you haven't tried already)

1. A simple restart of the phone. Sometimes apps act weirdly in the background and can generate heat. I also recommend you turn on Automation functions (which allows u to auto restart ur device as many times as u want during a week)

2. Clear your cache partition. This requires you to boot into the recovery mode of the phone. Ur phone specific method is easily found online. If you can't find it, just comment and I'll help you. (This usually fixes any issues)

If the issue still persists

3. Factory reset the phone after backing up all your data and apps. This will basically refresh ur phone to brandnew and u can start all over again.

Try 1 and 2 and see, if nothing works then 3. Please comment we are happy to help
0 Likes