Original topic:

AR core update via Play-store for M Series devices.

(Topic created on: 11-13-2019 03:47 AM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

Today morning I got an update notification from the play store for Google play service for AR. it says"Google Play Services for AR is automatically installed and updated on eligible devices. This service unlocks augmented reality (AR) experiences built using ARCore. Automatic updates ensure that apps with AR functionality work without requiring an additional download".

Screenshot_20191112-124231_Google Play Store.jpg

I just updated and tried some AR apps from the play store and all of them worked exceptionally well, besides few.

ON ARcore website none of the M series devices are listed as supported and if your M series device is supported you will automatically get this update. 

AR core .png.jpg

See your Play store.

Or
Follow the link-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.core

Here I'm adding a few Screenshots of the AR games and apps I tired. 

Screenshot_20191112-132858_Ghosts AR.jpgScreenshot_20191112-132904_Ghosts AR.jpgScreenshot_20191112-132916_Ghosts AR.jpg

> Ghosts AR

Screenshot_20191112-133027_AR Elements.jpg

>AR Elements 

Screenshot_20191112-134427_BigBangAR.jpg

>BigBang AR

Screenshot_20191112-182847_Our World.jpg

>Walking Dead Our world 

Any good AR app recommendations are welcomed.

30 Comments
arijitkoner98
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Yes, now I see that I have got that update too. But what are these AR games? Does it mean that it'll superimpose game video with surroundings and make it look as if the game is happening around us? It uses camera?
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Exactly šŸ‘
Ravi0883
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
good move by Samsung
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
these are fun to use but I like the plan 3d ar
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
wow. Just like Apple MeasurešŸ‘Œ
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
yes
0 Likes
sidbhokare
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
not available for M30 yet
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M

Maybe Exynos 7904 won't support it šŸ˜‘. Otherwise, you might have got an updatešŸ™Š
Galaxy M
same here I was unable to update AR via play store on M20 but I was able to download and successfully install via third party website