Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A question to M51 users

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 12:27 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M

Hey M51 users with SD 730G + 7000mah battery what is the SoT you are getting in 1. Normal usage 2. medium gaming 3. heavy gaming?

So, long story short my friend purchased M51 on October 7th from amazon which delivered on 8th. He gifted this to his younger brother studying in 9th for online classes. So, i removed many of apps which he being student don't need (you can check my other posts to know which apps) So basically, he has Samsung basic apps, zoom, DDG as default browser, WhatsApp, YT etc. after using this device for some days here are the cons he said comparing to his previous Lenovo Tab4 10 tablet. 

1. WIFI reception is not good - to get good stable network he needs to stay in the router room which is hall and can't use other rooms if he goes then network issues. BB speed is 100mbps but only this device gets 60mbps...

2. WIFI + BT - idk which era is this device from router transmit speed of 433mbps in 5ghz drops to 133mbps when BT headset connected. So, as BB speeds drastically drops from 60mbps to 20mbps.

3. Network - So, he has jio sim in tablet which used to give good speed not giving same in M51. Max browsing speed got was 10mbps.

4. Battery - having 7000mah battery it doesn't last for 8hrs. Yes, with 7hrs continues Zoom class with 30min break it consumes 80% battery. With total drain it gives 8-9hrs SoT per charge (100%). 

5. Heating - while on zoom mobile heats a lot... no games etc.

So, thinking that some issues with device i asked him to test my new A50s. As i purchased 2 A50s mobiles gave my black variant to him to test. He is been using it from Nov 1st so, 6days of usage. Returned back to me after reset. With same apps in both devices (removed some apps you can check in my other posts) and same usage 

1. No WIFI issues

2. No BT + WIFI issues

3. No network issues

4. Heating is more compared to M51 (Exynos i guess)

5. With same 7hrs classes and other stuff A50s gave 7-8hrs SoT on total drain (100%). On an Avg of 8hrs SoT.

Seriously? 

M51 with 7000mah battery = 8-9hrs with Avg of 9hrs max.

A50s with 4000mah battery = 7-8hrs with Avg of 8hrs max.

So, by comparing this battery tests i asked my friend to visit service center for these issues. He went yesterday and they said its software issue and reflashed firmware. Have to see results.

M51 users please mention in comments if any of them facing these types of issues. Thanks.

List of apps i remove mentioned in this post.. 👇👇

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/battery-Backup-in-A50S/td-p/5949016

11 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy M
Video calling heats a lot.
Latest Samsung devices have network issues.
So it's better to boycott Samsung.

View solution in context

Solution
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
battery draining is serious problem...in idle state it drops 3%..for testing purposes I used YouTube app full brightness 1080p video and I got around 12 hrs sot on Wi-Fi

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
I am not a gamer so can't test games for so long time...my main priority was battery and that's why I went for m51..hope they fix this issue in next update...I hate charging 😒

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M

hangsung aur uska useless software optimsation ka kuch  nahi hone wala hai 

View solution in context

Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

4k, 5k, 6k or 7k battery it doesn't matter in the end it depends on software optimization. See the devices with 5k battery & stock android you get good backup. See apple devices. 

Why for another brand here in samsung itself you compared M30s with A50s see how optimized software is in M series with oneui core. 🤣🤣🤣

As a user we don't understand all this unless we use them. 

View solution in context

Solution
Rickrolld
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Not about screen on time but my friend has it his lasts for 2 days with full charge

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Solution
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I am getting 12+ hrs SOT for my use.

wifi network stability issues are there (netgear orbi worked great), airtel default router had many stability issues. It appears that certain bands handling is bad and need firmware update for the same.

No heating issues.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
software optimization has a lot to do with the performance I guess. M51 is a relatively newer model as compared to A51. Now A51 has got many updates and thus should be quite stable, whereas in case of M51, it has recieved only 1 or maybe 2 updates. it needs optimization.
Same is for battery also. Maybe M51's battery is not optimized well

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
mshaham
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I have M30 and with normal use , I get 14-16 hours of sot with single SIM and internet usage through WiFi all the time.
If I am using the phone with flight mode and internet usage with WiFi all the time I get 16-20 hours of sot.
If used with mobile data with single sim all the time it will last 9-11 hours sot and the device heats up a lot.
In my home network is very poor, so I normally use it in WiFi. My usage includes fb, YouTube, WhatsApp, browsing , watching movies.
The most efficient thing in M30 is watching movies which consumes 3.5%/hour with brightness 3/100.
Initially it was difficult to connect to WiFi network if the router was far (after connected no issues). But recently an update cleared the issue. now even the router is far, it connects automatically within 1-2 seconds.
I am not using a bt headset, so can't talk about that.
M30 packs a 5000 mAh battery and exynos 7904 based on 14 nm process

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
mshaham
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
in my opinion , it should be network issues. Because even in my case , turning on mobile data from home (with a very poor signal) , phone heats up a lot and battery drains quickly. when using WiFi, the phone never heated up.

View solution in context

0 Likes
29 Comments
Solution
Galaxy M
Video calling heats a lot.
Latest Samsung devices have network issues.
So it's better to boycott Samsung.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
yaa bro.. but this much difference i didn't expected.. with same usage battery backup in M51 is equal to A50s. then what this " monstrous " battery is gimmick again?🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Solution
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
battery draining is serious problem...in idle state it drops 3%..for testing purposes I used YouTube app full brightness 1080p video and I got around 12 hrs sot on Wi-Fi
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
have you tested with games? or any other usage.
cause my doubt is with same usage SoT is almost same in M51 & A50s. i want to know if this M51 has any defect or something.
0 Likes
Solution
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
I am not a gamer so can't test games for so long time...my main priority was battery and that's why I went for m51..hope they fix this issue in next update...I hate charging 😒
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Okay i understand.
I just want to know if this device has issue or everyone 😁😁
Thanks for your comment 🙂🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
One point i want to mention i also hated charging in my M30S.
And M30s with 6000mah battery gives 12-13hrs SoT with my usage max 13hrs.
Now A50s with 4000mah battery giving me max 11.5hrs SoT.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
I asked my friend who also uses M51. No bloat apps uninstalled.

1. Normal usage - 12hrs+ SoT
2. Light gaming - around 10hrs
3. Heavy gaming - around 8 to 9hrs.

No network reception issues. Hearing issue is there but not overheating.

Even I was sooo surprised 😂😂
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
generally continues zoom calls for long is considered to heavy gaming in drain.. so he also getting same SoT.
then what so special with SD 730G + 7000mah... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️