Original topic:

⚠️MUST READ IF YOU ARE USING EXYNOS 9611 Soc DEVICES.

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 11:51 AM)
Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Read If you are Using Exynos 9611 Soc Devices.

Reason For Creating This Post :-

1. Daily We See Atleast 5-10 Posts About Freezing And Restarting Issue Reports In Our Community.

2. In This Post , I Listing Some Informations, Precautions About This Issue This Post Helps To Save Your Device . 

Which Devices Are Affecting :- 

Galaxy M30s Galaxy M21 Galaxy M31, M31s Galaxy A50s Galaxy F41.

And Heard Some M51 Users Are Reporting This Issue. Not Huge , Least No Of Users Are Experiencing This Issue.

Reasons For Creating This Issue :- 

Software Updates Playing a Huge Role In This Issue. Software Updates Pushed By Samsung Putting Seed For This Issue Creating. 

Main Point :-

● Actually Software Update Didn't Directly Leads This Issue. 

● Mainly You Downloading Software Update Package With Unstable Network ,Wi-Fi. Or You Paused While The Update Is Being Downloaded. It Creating Incomplete Binary Files. It Cause Crashes And It Started Crashing During Starting Phone. While Crashing , Device Trying To Boot Again And Again . And Its Also Crashing Again And Again. The Multiple Crashes While Starting Phone Is Damaging Motherboard ( Hardware ). ( As Per Analysis , And Users Experience ). 

And It's Damaging Boot Loader. Exynos 9611 Soc Playing Major Role In This Case.

AND SOME SOURCES SAID THAT IS POOR KERNAL CODE COOKED AND SERVED WITH UPDATE. BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE ABOUT KERNEL CODE. 

Reason For Exynos 9611 Motherboard Issue :- 

As Of Now I Don't Know Exact Reason . Some Trusted Sources Said That Is Exynos 9611 Is Not Well Optimised.

PRECAUTIONS :- 1. DON'T DOWNLOAD YOUR SOFTWARE UPDATE PACKAGE WITH UNSTABLE NETWORK CONNECTION (UNSTABLE MOBILE DATA OR WIFI ) 

2. DON'T PAUSE DURING DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE UPDATE PACKAGE. 

3. USE SMART SWITCH IT'S MUCH BETTER TO SAVE YOUR DEVICE.

4. I SUGGEST YOU TO BUY SAMSUNG CARE PLUS (1 YEAR WARRANTY EXTENSION) IF DEVICE IN UNDER WARRANTY MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT IS FREE. IT'S BETTER WAY OF THINKING . SO THINK AND DO. 

IF YOU FACING THIS ISSUE , SOLUTIONS TO RESOLVE UR ISSUE :- 

1. REPLACEMENT OF MOTHERBOARD IS A ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE UR ISSUE. 

2. IT COSTS 7000. I HEARD THAT IN LOCAL SHOP , LOCAL SHOP OWNER SAID THAT THE ISSUE WITH IC. REPLACEMENT OF IC COSTS 2000 . AND ITS MAY HARMFULL. (NOT RECOMMENDED )

AS OF NOW SAMSUNG DIDN'T RESPOND ABOUT THIS ISSUE OFFICIALLY. 🥲

HOPE THIS POST HELPS TO SAVE YOUR DEVICE. 

THANKS FOR READING :)

LEKSHMANAN
SAMSUNG COMMUNITY :) 

India Today

54 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
The recovery is supposed to verify the downloaded OTA package for damages, with signature verification.

So there is no way an OTA can damage the system. If the downloaded OTA package was corrupted, the installation should have been aborted automatically.
0 Likes
Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Software Update Packages Includes Many Files , Incomplete Binary Files Crashing Andriod System While Starting Phone .
(As Per Users Experience)

As Of now No One Know The Clear Picture What Leads This Issue .

(According To Users Experienced This Issue ) I Created This Post
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
I agree. But the whole files including binaries etc... come inside a package (for eg. zip).
That package's signature will be corrupted if the download had some issues or if it's incomplete. Meaning, the downloaded file will only be installed if the package is genuine and complete.

The only way a for corrupted/incomplete package to get installed, is by disabling this verification (who knows, samsung might have done it intentionally)
OR
the verification method inside recovery might have got damaged due to some reason (but samsung should have tested it anyways).

So like you said, the real issue is unknown and Samsung isn't revealing it.
Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Yes !
skaj
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Very Bad Exprience My 9611 Lot of Leggy ui And System Slow And Heat Any Time Leg Few Time Use This Mobile Processor I am Never Buy Exynos Processor Smartphone 😔😔😔
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M

This is a common issue with M30s and M21 mostly. There are rare issues with A51 & M31s devices, because they cost more than 20k.

Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
M31 Also.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Some A51 too
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M

But not like M30s, there are rare cases ONLY with India devices. Never heard for motherboard issues in Samsung Members Europe.

AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Yes. Probably Indian units are defective OR the OTA is buggy OR some scam is going on.