Original topic:

wierd audio output, J6

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 07:26 PM)
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy J
my sister has a samsung galaxy j6 and these past few days the audio output has been very weird. its lower than usual and it sounds very bad.

i tried covering the side mounted speaker, the sound didnt change, so i assumed the sound was coming from the earpiece, i covered it and it didnt change again. then i covered both and the audio was still the same, i can't figure out where the sound is coming from, its almost like its coming from the inside of the phone, the back of the phone vibrates more than it should. 

her phone is not even 3 months old, its also not because of the update, when we installed the update the audio was normal, its been acting weird for past 2 or 3 days.

i have tried restarting it multiple times, didnt help. i also switched to mono audio and then switched back, while on mono audio the sound was coming from the earpiece, but it returned to its unusual state when i switched it back. 

she claims she hasnt dropped or damaged the phone in any way and the phone hasnt had any contact with water.

does anyone know what to do?
10 Comments
Galaxy J
If I were you I'll take it to a service centre 😊
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
thanks, we will eventually but i wanna know if there are any possible solutions besides that
0 Likes
Galaxy J
I don't think that you can find any alternative solutions at this point, this sounds like the phone had a serious drop, maybe one of here friends did it ☻
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
this has been happening for last 2-3 days and for the last 2-3 days we were both at home, mostly together, none of her or my friends have visited us, i havent witnessed her dropping the phone and she has no reasons to lie to me, im posting this with her own request so when im saying she didnt drop it, she didnt drop it, plus the phone doesnt have a scratch (no she doesnt have a case on). our first solution was to take it to the service centre but before that we wanted to know what other users had to say. again, thank you for your response
0 Likes
Galaxy J
For sure your sister has no reason to lie that why I doubted that it might be one of here friends, why I'm tilling you that It sound like a serious drop because the same issues started when my wife dropped her phone from 15 feet hight and started having issues with the microphone and speakers.
Galaxy J
I found this on YouTube, I think you are facing the same issue:
https://youtu.be/EpGcyDohu0E
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
thanks a lot, but it isnt that the sound from the speaker is bad, its not coming from the speaker or the earpiece at all, when i cover both of them i still hear the same sound with the same quality, nothing changes i dont even know how this is possible
0 Likes
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
i added a video to the post
0 Likes
Galaxy J
try clearing the cache. it might work