Original topic:

my phone goes automatically shut down suddenly.

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 04:35 PM)
Deepak0mehta
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
I am using galaxy j7 pro since 1 year. But 2 months ago a problem started in my device.  my phone goes automatically shut down suddenly. Not complete shutdown,  only samsung logo appears and in 5 sec it on. Tyen only pattern need to unlock phone..no any sim lock password.  That means partial shutdown.  It happened any time. Not fix timing. Once in a day.. or twice in a day. 

2- another problem that when i install any app after installation complete my screen goes completely black.  Then i use recent key to remove this blackout.  

How i do? Please help me.
3 Comments
Galaxy J
clear cache partition 1st issue will be fixed

Wipe cache partition

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.

Press Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Power key to select.

When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Deepak0mehta
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
did it earlier. but still problem remains
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and would like to inform you that kindly follow the given below steps to resolve "phone auto switched off" issue.

1) Check app cache: Settings >Device care >Storage > Clean now.
For a particular application: Settings > Apps > Pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory. For example 'Samsung Internet' >Storage > Clear Cache.
2) Check device in Safe Mode:
Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode: Restart your device.
Note: Your phone will restart after the update is installed.
3) Check device heating
If your device becomes too hot, it might switch off itself automatically. This can be after running for a long time or when running more power-intensive apps like playing games etc..
4) Remove memory card: Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot > Remove the memory card > Insert the tray back into the tray slot.

There could be two reasons kindly check with the second one as well :

>>>Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Turn off auto start.

Note : Safe mode and reset setting applied for both the issue.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes