Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

YouTube videos doesn't continue to play on home screen after exit!

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 05:39 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
Dear Samsung members,

Whenever I play any video on YouTube app and then simply exit the app, it doesn't creates a separate small window in the home screen and continue to play the same video in the home screen. Which means, it stops playing the video automatically whenever I exit the YouTube app.

This issue doesn't occurs in other apps for me, for example I use the Airtel Xstream app. In Airtel Xstream app whenever I exit the app it still continue to show me the same video in a separate window on the home screen. But in case of YouTube this issue exists.

My device Galaxy J6, is running on Android 10 and One UI 2.0 and it's software is up to date as well. There's a "Picture in Picture" mode option on the YouTube app in the Settings 》Apps, to which I've given permission and it's allowed as well but this issue is still there. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

9 Comments
Solution
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
If you want the videos to play in the background or in Picture in Picture, you have to buy a YouTube premium subscription. Its not available for free.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Got it. You're right.. thank you! 😊👍🏻
Aman012
Active Level 2
Galaxy J
If you want to play youtube videos in background or screen off then just download YouTube Vanced I hope you will get your answer
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
I hope it's a third party app which I need to download from Google chrome right? 🤔

Or is it available in Google play store?
0 Likes
Aman012
Active Level 2
Galaxy J
download from chrome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Hmm.. I can understand and thank you for your help. But the thing is I always avoid downloading apps from other sources than Play store. That's the thing but I appreciate your suggestion. 🙂
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy J
If you want to play in PIP without subscription and without third party app then open YouTube in Pop Up Window.

This will open YouTube in a small window similar to PIP.

I hope you got your answer with this workaround method, then don't forget to accept solution so as to help others too.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
This method was known to me but yeah, this is also a good way to enjoy PIP mode. Thanks!
Galaxy J
Nice, this one is quite old one. I believe from Galaxy s8 and Note 8 days. ✌🏻🤗