Original topic:

Will #J7Duo receive OneUI updates?

(Topic created on: 07-16-2021 07:44 AM)
J7Duo_OneUI2
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy J
I'm using J7 Duo (2018) with Android Q (10) and OneUI 2.0.
After reading alot of blogs and comments it is clear that J7 Duo won't be receiving Android 11.

Can anyone please answer the following questions:

1.) Will there be any software update for J7 Duo (ex: OneUI 2.1, 2.2, 2.5.... etc)?

2.) When will Samsung stop providing security updates for J7 Duo? 

I'd really appreciate if you can answer the above mentioned questions.

Thank you! 😊
4 Comments
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
1.) As more than 1 year has passed since J7 pro got android 10 update still it hasn't received One Ui 2.1, 2.5 etc. updates so the chances of getting it in 2021 is near equal to zero.
If Samsung had plans to provide it One Ui 2.1 or 2.5 update they already would've provided it but they still haven't provided it which means they didn't had plans to provide One Ui 2.0 onwards versions.

2.) Samsung has announced that the devices launched after 2019 will receive 4 years of security patch updates but as J7 pro is a 2018 device this policy won't be applied to it.

Generally their old policy was to provide 3 years of security updates. But still there are some devices which received updates even after 3 years. When a software update becomes necessary Samsung provides it.
J7Duo_OneUI2
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
Thank you.
I appreciate your support.
adminkiller
Active Level 9
Galaxy J
J7 duo compatible with oneui 2.1 ,2.5 but there is a problem is samsung update policy that does not want to give update
J7Duo_OneUI2
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
That's the sad part.
0 Likes