Original topic:

Why is the Blue light filter Hidden and Disabled?

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 11:27 PM)
Heheboi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
In Samsung Galaxy J7 Max there is no blue light feature for a long time. However recently I used an app called "QuickShortcutMaker" to create shortcuts to certain settings on my home screen and actually found out that the blue light filter option do exist, but it is hidden and disabled. The question is why? Why would you do that? What kind of profit do you make by disabling this feature? Is it possible to enable it?

Blue light filter settings is at the last

Blue light feature that exists but disabled and hidden

15 Comments
Devil6666
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Android 8 contains blue light filter? How??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Yeah, even S8 also have Blue Light filter due to screen not supports.
0 Likes
Devil6666
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Does android 8 has some hidden dark mode?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Yeah, you can check out my older post if you want.
If you enable Power Saving Mode, you will get Dark Theme instead Dark Mode but everything change into dark.
But some apps wont support like Radio and Voice Recorder. Even most of the dark themes dont support these 2 apps

But all other apps will get completely dark.
Devil6666
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
I tried it in Galaxy J7 2016 and it looks great, I mean this dark theme is different from dark mode present in android pie or later but it looks great. The only disadvantage is that I can't use all apps and settings of the phone as it is power saving mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Yeah, in Android 8 only system apps can be used. But still you can update all apps to Pie and get Dark Mode. Check this post-
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/If-Android-8-have-One-UI/td-p/8999254
adminkiller
Active Level 9
Galaxy J
Oh dear turning on blue filter it appears yellow to save your eyes from harmful rays but you can change 😉 it opacity
0 Likes
Heheboi
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
I know that but if i turn it on it doesn't work at all, even if I turn up the opacity it doesn't do anything.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
In J5 Prime also having, but hidden or you can say disabled due to LCD screen. It should be Amoled display to show the filter.
0 Likes