Original topic:

The device restarts suddenly

(Topic created on: 12-13-2020 07:17 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
Hello Samsung members,

My Galaxy device is updated with Android 10 and One UI 2 with the Security patch of September 1. The one issue which I've noticed mostly right after the Android 10 update, is my Galaxy device restarts suddenly and I don't know why.

My Galaxy device restarts but it restarts in such a way that there's no change in the up time (About phone 》Status) of my device. Today morning I noticed that my phone restarted suddenly but when I checked the up time there wasn't any change.

I restart my phone at least once a week, and the last time I restarted my phone was last week Sunday so the up time till today stands more than 150+ hours, so if it is showing that my device restarted today then why the up time didn't again started from 0?

Whenever my device causes such sudden restart, I've been sending Error report through the Samsung members app as it automatically detects such restarts and generates a log file automatically but I don't know whether it'll help or not.
0 Likes
13 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
regarding error report you can do one more thing, before send the report, take screen shot of this error report, then send, and that screen shot send separately by using get help section
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Okay, good thought. Thanks for your suggestion! I appreciate it.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
🙏🤝🤝
Raquibm31
Active Level 4
Galaxy J
I think you have to contact samsung service centre.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
This issue came to my notice mainly right after the Android 10 update. Don't you think that it might be more software related issue than hardware? 🤔
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy J

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve auto restart issue please follow below given steps:-
Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Turn off auto start.

If the issue still persist kindly visit the service center for the physical inspection of your device. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Auto restart option is OFF for me already but still this issue happens sometimes.
0 Likes
samFansi
Expert Level 1
Galaxy J
1st of all go to device maintainance or device care there upside u see 3 dots,a panel opens and there u see that there is a option called auto restart,off that option then it wont restart now!
If u r problem is solved and if this comment was helpful
then pls press 3 dots above
and accept my solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
My Auto restart option is already off even before the issue occurred! 😞
0 Likes