Original topic:

Samsung does not provide only 2 major OS upgrades to their midrange devices.

(Topic created on: 06-22-2019 09:14 PM)
Swapnava
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy J
In recent chat with Samsung Human Assistant I requested to chat with Samsung Supervisor. They told me that Samsung Supervisor will call me. Samsung Supervisor called me. When I asked that Galaxy J7 Prime got 2 major OS upgrades, so there is not any chance to get the Pie upgrade , as we have the conception that Samsung provides only 2 major OS upgrades to their midrange devices by Samsung upgrade policy then Samsung Supervisor replied, "Samsung has no upgrade policy.If device's hardware is compatible with the Pie Upgrade then it will surely get the upgrade not only the device will receive not only 2 major OS upgrades but also 3 or more major OS upgrades. So this is your false statement that Samsung provides only 2 major OS upgrades. Samsung provides more and more upgrades through the compatibility of the devices. Some devices take upgrades late but they are upgradable by their Hardware compatibility.If any device is not compatible with the upgrade then it will not get the upgrade. But we try to provide more and more upgrades to their devices. So the device Galaxy J7 Prime also get the Pie upgrade like Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy J7 Prime 2, Galaxy J7 Nxt as it's Hardware is compatible with the pie upgrade. As of now the device did not get any security updates as the device is working smoothly with out any bugs.If we notice that the device is not working smoothly and there are many bugs in the device then we will provide Security patch updates.So don't worry about it.Since last 5 months the device is working smoothly and we did not notice any bug.So we don't need Security patch updates. So we did not provide you the security updates. The device will surely get the pie upgrade through its Hardware compatibility. As of  now we don't have any confirmation regarding the Pie upgrade for your device.But the device will get the upgrade late.The users of the device have to wait for some time to get the Upgrade. It does not mean that the devices which are two or three years old will not get the upgrade. It depends on hardware compatibility of the device. " Samsung Supervisor said this through our conversation.The news is not only for users of J series but also for all the users of Samsung. The devices get updates through the hardware compatibility. Don't believe the members of Samsung who are saying that Samsung provides only 2 major OS upgrades to their midrange devices and they provide only 3 major OS upgrades to their flagship devices.So friends the device Galaxy J7 Prime will also get the pie upgrade by it's hardware compatibility.
6 Comments
Krish007m
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
for 2 years 2 major updates after that the hardware becomes old
Swapnava
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Yes but it does not effect the compatibility of the hardware of the device.
0 Likes
Ab1196
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
bro to be true after Pie devices even with Oreo are facing issues so just think what'll happen to your Marshmallow compatible device (p.s- i know it works on Oreo now)
0 Likes
帕里克
Expert Level 1
Galaxy J
nice essay. wait until your h/w become older than get this same answer.
prasad66
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
as described by supervisor dont be in urgency to get all the os latest updates until the handset hardware is compatible. any updates not compatible will only affect the regular working of handset. be patient or buy new handset
Aman1
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
nice post