Original topic:

Regarding Make the switch to OneDrive

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 01:15 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
Dear Samsung Members,

I'm a lil bit confused of this, "Make the switch to OneDrive" option. What benefits will I get if switch to OneDrive? Is it necessary to make the switch?

Also, I've seen that it'll connect/link my Samsung account with my Microsoft account if I try to make the switch to OneDrive. So will it be safe to link my Samsung account with my Microsoft account if I decide to made the switch to OneDrive?

I would like to know, Switching to OneDrive will be better, or not Switching to OneDrive will be better? 🤔
4 Comments
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
samsung is not making this switch optional. They have a deadline, after which samsung cloud will not be supported and only ondrive will be supported. I am not sure on the difference in benifits as i am a first time samsung user. but currently for onedrive they are giving you additional 10gb space for 1 year. After the first year you have to pay for office 365 subscription to get cloud storage
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Oh, does that mean that I should immediately make the switch to OneDrive? And I guess it'll link my Samsung account with my Microsoft account as well.

By the way, this OneDrive option is for backing up Photos only or is it for other purposes?
0 Likes
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
onedrive is like google drive, you can store all your files on them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Microsoft account
0 Likes