Original topic:

Proximity Sensor not working during call (SOLVED!)

(Topic created on: 11-17-2018 10:36 PM)
rahul
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
When i call or receive someone then the screen turns black and stays off till i press the power key which is really frustrating because sometimes you have to use it in the call and it won't come on unless i press the key! Please help! How to turn the sensor on anything that's helpful.
SOLUTION: the glass was covering the sensor so i removed and got the perfect one and it's working fine now!
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
The issue could be because of some software glitch if you have updated your device recently. I am not sure regarding this, but getting in touch with Samsung's executives will be helpful. Try getting in touch through Live Chat or walk into Samsung's Service Centre. Hope this helps, all the best.
Shiv9564
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
Go to service centre
AbhiS66
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
Its not a software glitch.Try a sensor check app from google store.Most likely your proximity sensor is not working or there's something stuck to it which will explain why your screen always turns off during calls.You cannot fix this yourself so you will have to take it to a service center.
Hope this helps:)
rahul
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
the screen glass is covering the sensor, can it be the problem?
0 Likes
AbhiS66
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
may b. proximity sensor usually detect light though. the light gets blocked when u bring it near ur ear and the screen shuts off.
0 Likes
rahul
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
it's working absolutely fine now, i removed the screen guard, gotta purchase a new one now but the perfect one! hah, tysm guys!
0 Likes