Original topic:

My device is 64-bit but it's not!

(Topic created on: 03-16-2021 09:04 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
My device is 64-bit device, which is written within the Box in which I received it and also, it's been shown in many smartphone websites that the 4GB 64GB variant of my device is a 64-bit device but, when I ran AIDA64 on my device I found that my device is actually a 64-bit (32-bit Mode) device.

Which means, I cannot download any app which requires 64-bit to run and it's so disappointing! I purchased it thought it would be 64-bit but it now turned in to a 32-bit device which is running Android 10 and One UI 2.0

Is there no way to turn it back to 64-bit from 32-bit mode? This is so frustrating and I'm really very disappointed!!
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
So does that mean, the processor is the main cause of this problem? Snapdragon allows us to download 64-Bit apps whereas Exynos 7k+ doesn't? 🤔
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
RAM is the major thing here. once you push 64Bit OS on 4GB mobile,/computer it will start craving for RAM because a 64Bit OS needs double the system memory. infact in general cases, most

moreover its not about the processor (although it is for many reason, else 64bit OS on a 32Bit processor isnt possible)
for reference, check the screenshot. it is already consuming 4GB of RAM which is 50% of 8GB.

Screenshot_20210316-091000_Settings.jpg

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
There is no use of 64 bit OS on your device at all. 32 bit OS can access all 4 GB RAM. If the RAM is more than 4 GB, then 64 bit OS is needed. 32 bit OS can utilize only 4 GB, while 64 bits can utilize upto 16 exabytes. Btw which application do you want to run which is 64 bit and canmot run on your phone?
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
Doesn't matter.
rajat1026b
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
Brother i am having same problem with my galaxy m13 4gb,64gb with exynos 850

My friend has f12 4gb,64gb with exynos 850 but his phone is operating at 64bit
0 Likes