Original topic:

My device is 64-bit but it's not!

(Topic created on: 03-15-2021 10:13 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
My device is 64-bit device, which is written within the Box in which I received it and also, it's been shown in many smartphone websites that the 4GB 64GB variant of my device is a 64-bit device but, when I ran AIDA64 on my device I found that my device is actually a 64-bit (32-bit Mode) device.

Which means, I cannot download any app which requires 64-bit to run and it's so disappointing! I purchased it thought it would be 64-bit but it now turned in to a 32-bit device which is running Android 10 and One UI 2.0

Is there no way to turn it back to 64-bit from 32-bit mode? This is so frustrating and I'm really very disappointed!!
14 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
you can't able to download?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Yes 😔
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
but it shouldn't be done 🤔 ram in ur phone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
4GB. I've also mentioned it in this post.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
might be the reason but as you said other phone have it with 4gb of ram, btw how did you check its 32bit?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
I installed an app called, "AIDA64". There under the "CPU" category it showed me that instruction set of my device is, "64-Bit (32-Bit mode)".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
RAM limitation is the reason why you get 32Bit. having minimum 6GB of RAM to run 64bit OS.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
But I also have a Xiaomi device which is on Android 7.0 but have 4GB of Ram and 64GB of storage. It still have 64-Bit though.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
processoe might be 64bit but not the system.