Original topic:

J7 pro frequent freezing and hanging.

(Topic created on: 10-19-2017 11:17 AM)
BalajiG
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy J
Dear Samsung,

Kindly work on to provide the software update to fix the frequent freezing and hanging.

Software patch is also outdated.

Don't simply advice me to visit nearest Samsung service centre. There is nothing to do with service centre.

Software update is only option to solve the issue.
13 Comments
AnkurBansal
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Try factory resetting your phone.
BalajiG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
Everybody knows these simple steps... We are not living in the olden ages.. Issue is with the software which every user complaining..
AnkurBansal
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
Or you could try using device manager under settings. As a normal user we can suggest this much only.
BalajiG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
Done everything what can be done in the mobile...
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
hank you for your query. We would like to inform you that smart phone can be hanging, freeze , lagging and slow with many reasons like install any third party application (e.g. Antivirus, Call recorder, clean master, battery booster, battery saver etc.). It can be harm full for any smart phone. Samsung never recommended any third party application. It is harmful for device. So we would suggest to you kindly uninstall mentioned above application.
Kindly checks by following below mentioned steps for overcome the issue of Hanging:
1) Utilization of maximum storage from internal memory, may hang your device. For that we recommend you to delete some of the downloaded data from your phone for better performance as internal space should be 20% free OR’ transfer data to SD Card via My Files.
(Phone Application>>My Files>>Select Multimedia Data>>Press More>>Click Move>>Select Location of SD Card>>Click Move Here).
2) Menu> smart manger>clear ram.
3) Stop running application (Setting >>Application Manager>>Running>>Stop All Downloaded Application When Not Using).
4) Check all the applications are closed by using the Task Manager option.
5) Scan SD card and then check.
6) Software update handset (Setting>>Software Update>>Download update automatically>> update using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
7) Go to setting>General>Application Manager>All>Tap on 3 dots (right top) ‘Reset app preference’.

If still issue persists, we request you to operate the device in ‘Safe mode’ as steps are mentioned below:
1. You need to restart your handset by pressing power key.
2. Then, when Samsung logo appears on the screen long press volume down key and keeps pressing it.
3. You will see a safe mode label at bottom left side, when your handset will be entered into safe mode.
4. To exist safe mode kindly restarts your device.
Rohitz
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
sb kiya hai still issues hai..
iadityac
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
abnormality detected as automatically brightness is high and low... fix this asap
BalajiG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
The software build has so many bugs .. Only update will resolve all these issues. User cannot rectify these issue with the steps given above. Visiting service centre is also useless...
Anon
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
i too facing this issue on my j7 pro