Active Level 7
I am not much supported the view of software update through odin or smart switch. 
But after heard so many times I tried with my last update, and i think that was my mistake.
As last 2 weeks suddenly my battery drain so heavily. 
No settings change
No new app download .
I didn't face problem like that before. 
Before I always update my phone with my data..
So right now i m confused how overcome this situation. 

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Expert Level 5
i don't know what happened, but its not due to download through smart switch or other computers way, as this is a safe way to update.
however i didn't tried but I can't say that it is cause any error.
try to remember did you download any location based app or anything like that

View solution in original post

i didn't understand exact issue, as you told only last 2 weeks

but i suggest you to do these settings to save more battery life and observe for next 2-3 days

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party(LIKE FACEBOOK, INSTA,YOUTUBE) and rarely used and ON "GOOGLE APP" as well then click on>app info> then go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

6. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder.

7. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

or ho to safemode and check if there is no such issue then problem with your any 3rd party apps

safemode to identity that the problem of your handset or due to any 3rd party app

steps to turn safemode;
long press on power button>
long press on power off option>click on safemode >your mobile will restart and turn into safemode.

turn safemode when usually you faced the problem

so i would like to know is there any improvement?
if yes then you can accept as solution by CLICKING on 3DOT at my comments

30 Comments
Expert Level 5
you flashed your firmware by Odin or used smart switch? because this is the proper and recommended process only ... but at present I don't recommend smart switch because new pc version creating problems for everyone ....otherwise it's impossible that mobile data or wifi have better priorities than firmware flash as software update allaways needs stable carriers otherwise software loop hole may be come ....why saying because this August security patch i have installed over smart switch only then i noticed dangerously battery drain...after that I flashed that firmware from Samsung service center now its fantastic...and after all samsung service center use odin only because it's their official software
smart switch, actually i didn't know much about that, and also i m not having computer so i took help from one of my friend
read my full comments bro
now smart switch creating problem
but visit service centre for software update is not possible for me, specially in this situation
and if i m not wrong then not possible for so many others people
do one thing...whatsapp to samsung in that number which they have given in notice section....in this covid situation they are providing technical support team to receive your device from your home if you will allow them 👍 it will take 236 rupees otherwise it's free within warranty period of device
yes you are right..not possible every time to go service center....but i am now fears about software update by samsung...because most of note9 even recently note20 also gone just after simply install software ....samsung provides non A/B partition type Ota software not like other companies hence firmware flash is only proper process bro ....thatswhy google mandate must to give A/B partition type Ota from android 3.0 it's compulsory to every companies
i don't know about what an A/B or c partition but i know only that this is practically not possible to go service centre to get software update and pay for that it is not good at all. and why not samsung inform us to do so? and why at software page telling that updatw through WIFI. why? if samsung knows these things then should inform us. but actually it clearly mention that use wifi to update. so my question is i should listen samsung or others view which is not officially proved?