Original topic:

J6 Battery

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 09:47 PM)
ASRG
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy J
Everyone is facing battery draining and slow charging after the Android 10 update on Galaxy J6.
16 Comments
ASRG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
Not complaining.. overall the update is good but the battery problem is occuring which is faced by many people. Nothing wrong with the update.
0 Likes
Ab1196
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
It'll drain faster than prev as the battery was built compatible for Oreo OS not for Android 10. So future patch updates will try to reduce it to certain extent
0 Likes
ASRG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
when they can ommit features for this phone then why can't they resolve this major problem.
0 Likes
Ab1196
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
because Battery is hardware component they can only provide software support which may improve battery performance
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy J

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Battery drainage" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Battery optimization:-Settings>Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Close background running apps:-Tap on recent key and close the background running application.

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Samsung_uCKAX30
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy J
I was also facing same problem of slow charging after update... then I tried one thing.. Go to settings > display > Show charging information --- Turn it off... then charge your phone. It worked for me.

I think after update this new feature has been added that during charging, the phone continuously displays charging icon at bottom and due to this it might be charging slowly... so turn this feature off & your problem should resolve.

However this could also be the reason tht the kernel is trying to adjust itself with the new UI update so after some days your phone may automatically get back normal..
ASRG
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
As the average battery usage improving the battery and charging is improving..