Original topic:

How to stop ads and news from appearing?

(Topic created on: 12-19-2020 03:11 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy J
Dear Samsung members users,

Marketing choice and Customisation service. From these two options, which option should I turn OFF in order to stop various Ads and News related to Samsung products from appearing in my Galaxy device?

Should I turn of both? If not, then which option from the two I should turn OFF?

There's also an option called, "Get news and special offers" on my Samsung account 》Personal info. Which I've turned OFF already.
9 Comments
Galaxy J
Check out my post on uow to get rid of ads from Samsung devices:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Remove-ads-from-you-Galaxy-device/td-p/6203055
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Good post, so in that case I prefer going with the 2nd method. Though I don't have device personalisation services option on my device. 😅
0 Likes
Galaxy J
You have to do BOTH, its not either 1 or 2. And do you have any issues with setting up a private DNS? The private DNS does the main job.

Screenshot_20201219-174446_Chrome_699.jpg

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
in opinion turn off all
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Okay, but can you please tell what's "Customisation service" all about? I would like to know. 🤔
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
in customisation service clearly mentioned what is that, but anyway it is all about ur uses pattern, it learn your searching, downloaded apps and showing and will suggesting you similar kind of apps

Screenshot_20201219-165637_Galaxy Store_65274.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy J
Okay, Thanks 😃
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
🙏🤝
msingh23
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy J