Original topic:

Bring back Clean Now feature.

(Topic created on: 07-31-2020 05:35 PM)
rp238
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy J
Since past few months, I have observed that "Clean Now" feature which was available from Settings has disappeared. 
It was very useful feature. I know there is a similar feature S-Clean, but we can't explicitly trigger when needed. Why should wait for 12 am for it's execution?
My 16GB storage full is always 95% full, in which 100-500 MB is always useless like Cache and all but I can't explicitly clear this which was available earlier using Clean Now.
Please help to bring back Clean Now feature.
9 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
bro its good option
every time clean is not good
as because of it your phone battery more consumed
as after cleaning ram needs to open apps freshly , it consume more battery
it is not good habit to clean every time
0 Likes
rp238
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
It's not about RAM in my case. i just want my Storage(ROM) to be free. Like whenever we require.
I regularly face various difficulties in performing normal tasks on my phone due to low memory. Everytime I need to transfer some or other files to the SD card. Currently, I don't have any single relevant file which I can transfer to SD card, still only 50 MB of internal storage is free.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
then click on empty area of ur mobile go to widget and choose
device care take it on home screen then by one click u can clean
see attched image
0 Likes
rp238
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
I am using Galaxy J7 nxt, 2017 model. When I click on the widget, I am redirected to device Care which gives just Optimize now option. It's just cleaning the RAM. I am unable to find anyway in this device care App to clean the ROM
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
if this is helpful for you then please accept as solution by clicking on 3dot at my comments
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
can u share ur widget screen shot
did u long press on widget
0 Likes
rp238
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
Yes i did long press on widget.
As you can see in the ss, the widget is on Home Screen.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
you want to clean the rom
and not ram
then from this widget not possible
sorry i thought you want to clean ram
no need to clean rom everytime brother
by the way for this you have to go device care
or download app from playstore (not recommended)
0 Likes
rp238
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
As I mentioned in my original post and my comments, I never wanted to clean RAM, also I don't want to clean ROM everytime, but whenever required, like currently my remaining storage is 23 MB, and only think I can do is wait upto 12 am for SClean to get triggered.
Even in device care App, there is no way to cleaning ROM which was possible few months back through a feature called "Clean Now" which I think they have disabled it recently. Only way to clean ROM is to download a 3rd Party app, which I don't think is safe in terms of data safety and privacy.
0 Likes