Original topic:

Android 9 PIE draining battery in samsung J7 Nxt J701F

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 11:53 AM)
aakashJ7Next
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy J
I am using  Samsung J7 Next J701F 32GB model. In previous Android 7 Nougat, I didnt had any battery drain issue. Recently my phone got automatically updated to Android 9 i.e PIE and some problems have started.

In Android 7 Nougat the battery use to run longer in standby mode and during screen on time and also during using other Apps and never faced any heating issue. But with the new Update of Android 9 PIE the device standby time is reduced, phone heats up, the screen on time is reduced and also the battery drains faster while using other Apps. Many users of samsung have posted the same on internet regarding battery drain issue in Android 9 PIE for Samsung J7 Next J701F.  when the phone is charged to 100% in power OFF mode, it shows 98% as soon as the phone is power ON. This was never use to happen in Android 7 Nougat. I have also done factory data reset, clear cache, and also updated some Apps in sleeping Apps and also using optimised battery but still the battery is draining faster and phone heats up in Android 9 PIE. 

Kindly remove the bugs and improve the battery performance in Android 9 Pie so that the performance & battery life is same alike Android 7 Nougat in samsung J7 Next J701F. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
sourav1998
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
share your feedback to samsung developer team I am also send my feedback regarding same issue
0 Likes
aakashJ7Next
Active Level 1
Galaxy J

3months back, I have also written to CEO of samsung and he assured me that the bugs in Android Pie will be removed and battery draining issue and heating issue will be resolved in J7 NXT phones but still issue is not resolved. The phone never heated in Android Nougat and never had battery draining issue in Android Nougat. Samsung also does not have user friendly option to unlock bootloader and so without unlocking bootloader the user cannot downgrade. Whereas MI Brand Phones gives an option to user to unlock bootloader. Samsung has strategy to make bug so that phone heats up, battery drain faster then the customer will buy new phone, but by doing this tactics, customer never purchase samsung phone in future and everyone says samsung not recommended. Thats why people now are days are shifting to MI phones. 

0 Likes
aakashJ7Next
Active Level 1
Galaxy J

3months back, I have also written to CEO of samsung and he assured me that the bugs in Android Pie will be removed and battery draining issue and heating issue will be resolved in J7 NXT phones but still issue is not resolved. The phone never heated in Android Nougat and never had battery draining issue in Android Nougat. Samsung also does not have user friendly option to unlock bootloader and so without unlocking bootloader the user cannot downgrade. Whereas MI Brand Phones gives an option to user to unlock bootloader. Samsung has strategy to make bug so that phone heats up, battery drain faster then the customer will buy new phone, but by doing this tactics, customer never purchase samsung phone in future and everyone says samsung not recommended. Thats why people now are days are shifting to MI phones. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy J

Hi there,

If you perform above mentioned steps and issue still exists, kindly send device log file within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details, using Samsung member application i.e. Samsung member app > Click on + icon > Send feedback > Error report > Collect log files > attach.

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
winwin2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
please resolve my issue battery drains abnormally in Samsung j7 nxt. I had checked even in safe mode, still battery drains too fast .
only aeroplane mode no battery drain problem.
please resolve with new software update.

Battery drains 5-124820_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
winwin2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
Thank you for contacting Samsung. We hope your query was answered satisfactorily. For future reference kindly quote 2290961795 at 180040-SAMSUNG(7267864).
0 Likes
winwin2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
why Samsung not providing software updates even after many complaints on android V9 , though even mi respecting their customers?

20201120_101737_808.jpg

0 Likes
winwin2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I have also using Samsung Onmax handset and there is no battery drain issue in Onmax
0 Likes