Original topic:

s9+ pie new camera video mode >:[

(Topic created on: 01-23-2019 09:46 AM)
rauldeandrade
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Gallery
Why omg why on earth has Samsung done this?

The s9 camera app used to have a photo button and a video button beside each other. Not only was it more convenient, it was FASTER to use! Now we have to change modes to video and then start recording!
If the different modes were the norm before I understand. It's not great but ok. But u guys had the better solution already implemented! Why would you go backwards in usability?

And why is there no feedback section anywhere in the basic apps that come with the phone? How are you getting user feedback to improve upon the software? 

The camera app is one of the critical features of a mobile phone today. I don't understand what is the logic behind such decision or the lack of options to change it back to how it was. I understand sometimes user experience is modified and pushed for the sake of usability and design. But this? This is going back. 

And please if anyone from Samsung is reading this, please introduce a feedback button on the apps like the camera, contacts, and so on. 
1512fd6c-c833-46f9-b808-75b9f722eaf1.jpg

6 Comments
Labhya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
The new video tab is better as now we can zoom, focus, adjust exposure before we start recording
rauldeandrade
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
I was able to do those before I think. I'm not quite sure anymore, but why wouldn't they add those features and still keep the button? 🤷🏻‍♂️
aramis
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
hi.. that feature is still there. not sure only of s9 but with note 9 having thr pie version... just go to video mode and when u start recording, the button to switch camera will turn into still photo camera shutter
0 Likes
rauldeandrade
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
That's not my issue. Before I had both video and photo mode in one place. Now if i want to make a video i have to first change modes and then make the video. Why did they increase the amount of steps? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have plenty of photos and videos i get on the fly and this was extra handy for me to get those fleeting moments
0 Likes
aramis
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
alright.. no idea how they decided that but i still find it ok.. i can deal with it..
0 Likes
ChrisDubai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
agree that Samsung is going backwards with this. camera is a big part of everyone's life and always needing to switch between video and photo is not the best. the new video section is awesome but I would have left a video button on the picture section and perhaps viceversa