27 Comments
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
😀you be the change to other girls. They'll follow you. 😎
LDopa
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
But I have decided not to get married at any point of my life.
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
what's your age? if you don't mind !
0 Likes
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
At times age plays a major role in one's vision.
MAHESAMSUNG
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Gallery
Positive...nice
yash1th
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
IMO it goes back to our ancestor's generation when a girl wasn't independent and was not allowed to be. She was made dependent but not by her choice. They had always seen a woman as an asset/material but never as an individual. But thanks to the 20th and 21st centuries and also feminism. This will change like we are witnessing the decrease of dowry by a margin. Raja ram mohan roy has successfully eradicated the sati sahagamanam. The whole credit doesn't go to him. The people realized the cruelty which is a nonsensical tradition for ages. And also I observed this, in my state telangana and in andhra pradesh or in many states probably, the wife is not allowed to address her husband's name by society norms. I find it absurd. She gives birth to his children, takes care of him and the children and makes his house a home, and yet she shouldn't call by his name.. 🤷‍♂️ here they call or address husband as ఏమండీ ( pronounced as amen + डि ) and irony is we use that word for addressing strangers respectfully. And one more thing i didn't observe it until I listened to a telugu stand up comedian. In telugu there is gender specific verb words for boys and for girls. But when it comes to addressing the verbs for animals or any non living thing, the verb word for girls is used, even for the male gender animals. I stated this scenario for portraying a picture of our patriarchal society. How backward and immature of all of us. We have a story in our mythology where God Shiva and Goddess Parvati merge as one, signifying the equality that existed between them as a couple. But somehow our ancestors had lost these values and established a patriarchal society. In history there existed a few matriarchal societies but they haven't sustained long enough. So to answer your question of why always, we guys and as a society, collectively establish more meaningful values. I hope by 2100 equality prevails in each nook and cranny of our society and country. I have grown up watching most of the Hollywood movies. After 18 years the kids are allowed and encouraged to be independent and also both the bride and bride groom leave their house to start their life together. I hope we adopt this culture by following century.
LDopa
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
I really didn't know these things about Telugu language. Thanks for the information. And good to see people with such progressive thinking
jitender751
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Society ko change pasand nhii ,bss jaisa hai chlne do vo isime kush hai .
0 Likes