Original topic:

What is Kumbh Mela And Why We Celebrate...Let's See

(Topic created on: 01-19-2019 01:18 AM)
SamGon
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Gallery
the Kumbh Mela is held every 12 years. There is a difference of around 3 years between the Kumbh Melas at Haridwar and Nashik; the fairs at Nashik and Ujjain are celebrated in the same year or one year apart. The exact date is determined, following the Vikram Samvat calendar and the principles of Jyotisha, according to a combination of zodiac positions of the Jupiter, the Sun and the Moon. At Nashik and Ujjain, the Mela may be held while a planet is in Leo (Simha in Hindu astrology); in this case, it is also known as Simhastha. At Haridwar and Prayagraj, a Maha ("Great") Kumbh Mela is held every 12 years, with an Ardha ("Half") Kumbh Mela six years later.[2] The priests at other places consider their local fairs to be Kumbh Melas; for example, the Mahamaham festival at Kumbakonam, held every 12 years, is described as a Kumbh Mela.[3] Other places where fairs have been called Kumbh Mela include Kurukshetra[4][5] and Sonepat.
069cda4f-33b8-4cb3-8ae2-2f35647f2435.jpg

My Thoughts on Kumbh mela......like it's feel so good to go with family like this place...god places are always best....if i get a chance to go there...I'll definitely going...

Source: our friendly wiki
0 Comments