Original topic:

LEARN MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY.. (Read description)

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 12:27 PM)
Galaxy Gallery
Hope you guys are all safe and healthy. 

Todays let's discuss about Macro photography and some tips and tricks to click some good macros.

Let's get started...

So what is Macro Photography?

"Macro Photography " is taking a photo of a subject in extreme close-up so it appears life-size or larger in the resulting image. 

Shot on Galaxy S9plus

Close-up photos are popular especially for nature photography, because they can capture details of insects, flowers and more with incredible clarity. And you can achieve this effect even with your Galaxy. There are already many Galaxys (M31, A71, S10lite..) in the market right now with a dedicated macro lens. If your Galaxy dosen't have one, worry not, this post will help you capture some stunning macro. 
Don't missout the video given at the end...
Without any further do lets dive in to the tips on capturing some good macros...
Here are some tips to capture some great macros..

Tip 1: Choose the right weather and time.

It is often said that photography is an Art of light, and the weather just determines the intensity of light. I prefer to shoot macro on cloudy or rainy days, not only because the soft light on a cloudy day can brighten the colors of plants and animals, but also because the crystal clear water drops after rain have an indescribable natural charm. Also the best time to shoot macro is early morning or late evening, these are the times where most of the insects are inactive.

Shot on Galaxy S9plus

Tip 2: Be Patient

Patience is the key to do anything well. Sometimes an insect won't let you near it, do not lose patience, keep searching for the one that lets you go near.

Shot on Galaxy S6

Tip 3: Clean the camera Lens

I'm pretty sure you guys are aware of this tip. For those of you who don't clean their lens before they click, be it macro or any photography, please make cleaning your lens a habit. 

Tip 4: Look around

Your subject is everywhere. That's the speciality of macro photography. You just need to find beauty in everything. Take a look at the photograph below. Even a weed can turn into a subject.

Shot on Galaxy S9plus

Tip 5: Getting a good bokeh 

This is very easy to achieve. Just make sure your subject and background is futher apart.

Shot on Galaxy S6

Tip 6: Keep the focus sharp

Now this is the most difficult part to get a great macro. This is where the manual focus from the pro-mode comes in handy. Open pro mode in your Galaxy, and drag the focus untill the subject become sharp. For those Galaxy which does not have pro-mode, you can lock the focus to get your galaxy to macro mode. If you are not understanding what I'm speaking, I'll be uploading a video at the end of the post. Don't forget to check that out.

Shot on Galaxy S9plus

Shot on Galaxy S9plus

Tip 7: Use Macro Lens

Your Galaxy comes with inbuilt macro lens. Use the dedicated macro mode for some cool macro photos. If you have an older Galaxy like me, you can always purchase a clip on lens. 

Shot on Galaxy S9plus.

Checkout the video given below on how to click macro photograph.

In the first part of the video, I've used focus lock technique. Its simply just keep any object and long press on th object. The focus will lock at the particular distance. I've used my hand and kept at the minimum focusing distance, so that my camera goes into macro mode. You can follow this trick if your galaxy has no pro mode. Second part, I've used the manual focus (Move the slider to the extreme left towards the flower icon) to achieve macro mode. The advantage with the pro mode is that you can play with the focus distance without physically moving the device.

All the images are shot by me, Dr Ramdas S Pai aka ramdas.photography
Subjects to copyrights ©

Post your best macro down in the comments..

15 Comments
Galaxy Gallery
noice touch with cleaning the lens
Galaxy Gallery
That's the main part in any photography 😄
Galaxy Gallery
yes indeed
DhruvJain2298
Active Level 8
Galaxy Gallery
A guide from the macro legend himself. 🔥💯🙏🏻
Galaxy Gallery