Original topic:

My extremely bad experience with Fold 3

(Topic created on: 11-20-2022 03:37 PM)
logeshmax15
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
An year ago I bought my Fold 3 from a third party seller. (Extended protection is included with the purchase). The protection plan will be activated automatically if you purchased from Samsung website. Since I bought from 3rd party it is not straight forward and I failed in activating it. (Should be done within a month of purchase).

After a month, I got a dead pixel on the foldable screen. Reached Samsung service center and they said dust particles might have leeched inside and the pressure caused a dead pixel. This will be covered under warranty. I left it since I don't want to pay ₹45,000 for a dead pixel. (The dead pixel never expanded again).

After 9 months, some the hardware of the phone didn't function properly, like camera app not opening, unresponsive screen or blutooth not working etc.

Then after some days the foldable screen only worked at an angle. Meaning if the screen is completely unfolded it is just blank. But if fold ot half way the screen will work.

This made me believe that the screen is not the problem but the cables going between the two pieces of that phone might be damaged. But it's completely inside and how it could be damaged? (This also tells why the bluetooth and camera failed occasionally).

Reached Samusng service center again (phone still under warranty) and they said screen is the problem. Now it costs ₹67,000 to fix as the prices have been increased. But what about the failing blutooth and camera? No answers and I cancelled the repair

After some days, (now its out of warranty), the front screen also stopped working but phone is still functioning as I can hear the alarms and other sound. This is also a strong indicator that the ribbon cables inside the phone might be a problem.

I haven't reached the Service center after because it's obvious that they are going to charge a hefty amount as the phone is not under warranty.

Bonus : 

I also faced the screen protector peeling of Fold 3 like many. Samsung said that is can be fixed under warranty by reaching a service center. But they said its out of stock. So went to a 3rd party and fixed it.

I love Samsung products, fell in love with the Fold 3 and bought it. For ₹1.5 lakh I paid it only given me pain after pain.

Foldable screens are still plastic and extremely fragile to day to day use. Don't fall into the Samsung marketing of foldable glass. 
8 Comments
PraffulSingh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Ok so spending 70k for repairs better spend fraction of it get a good lawyer and file case in consumer court.
logeshmax15
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I went to service center just a week before my warranty period. Now its ended and all the blame will be on me. Even for that dead pixel, they said its physical damage and they will say the same again as there is no way to prove it.
0 Likes
logeshmax15
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I think since these parts are so expensive that they are not willing to do it under warranty.
0 Likes
PraffulSingh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
See consumer court doesn't work like that, i will say file a case give your side of evidence, bcz consumer courts are not lenient with companies they will ask them to prove it, and not you. Its worth a shot as consumer courts always favour consumers in such cases, screen they can prove dust issue as those phones are not dust proof but rest hardware issue for them to prove is very hard. So u have upper hand here max it will take 5-10k depending on lawyer, you can do it in free also but getting a lawyer saves loads of time.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
Yes, I second this opinion.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
You should file a case at consumer court. However, your point would've been stronger if you did it before the warranty was over. Anyway, you can still win the case, get a free repair and compensation for your hardships if you have the details or proofs of your visits to the service centre.
0 Likes
Tejastjj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
The 3rd party ,you bought phone from...are you sure they sold you a genuine product ?? Always get 2nd opinion even from a service center by visiting one more just to confirm, you hVe paid 1.5L ,so you could have taken 2nd opinion.
0 Likes
Yashraja0
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Courts take years to provide justice. And that too not guaranteed our courts in india are worse then the service of samsung.
I feel you bro even my screen protector isn't available anywhere. Tired of searching and I live in Bengaluru which is an IT hub! Samsung believes in selling but not in customer service. When screen protector goes off they want you to buy a new phone. I am searching for screen protector replacement from samsung since 8 months now. All they say is we have ordered it and it will come in 2 3 days or 2 weeks. It never comes. The only way is to switch from such a company to apple or google pixel. Wont buy anything from samsung anymore
0 Likes