Original topic:

Home screen switching off on its own

(Topic created on: 01-01-2023 04:59 PM)
Hulail
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hi,

I've been using the Fold 3 5G for about a year now without any trouble. However, after installing the latest update, I started having problems with the home screen. Any time I open the home screen, whether for videos, games, camera, or any other function, the screen would immediately switch off on its own or go to lock screen, and then it doesn't unlock with fingerprint, only pin. I tried changing the screen off timer from 5 min to 10, nil help. 
This problem is only on home screen (unfolded), I don't have any problems with the cover screen. 

Your help is greatly greatly appreciated. 

10 Comments
Solution
Zain2000
Active Level 10
Galaxy Fold
Please send a error report to samsung via the samsung memebers app.
Hulail
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Thank you
Zain2000
Active Level 10
Galaxy Fold
If my thread was helpful, consider marking it as a solution by clicking on the three dots. Thank you for reading.
mikeoscar
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Hi! I have lost initially my wifi after update . Next day the cover screen. Few days after fold screen. My friend with same phone same issues after the update too.
Hulail
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
I installed the latest update (released yesterday) and it seems to have fixed the problem
mikeoscar
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Sounds good. There is hope not to lose the full data. But the issue is none of my 2 screens working. I connected to external LG monitor. I can see the time and the drawing of a locker. Whenninput my fingerprint it unlocks but even LG monitors becomes back. Any chance to update through a computer APP or anything?
Hulail
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Unfortunately I'm not sure about updating through external devices. Maybe a repair shop can do it without wiping out your data?
0 Likes
mikeoscar
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Ok thank you for your reply and the information u put in the chat. At least people wil know that Samsung made an update to correct this big issue that they generated themselves. Keep you advised. Tomorrow will go to service center
Hulail
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Hopefully it will work out for you 👍🏻
0 Likes