Original topic:

Fold3 always display on issues

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 01:04 PM)
shaj1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am not sure this issue is for me or in general. For last 1week I am unable to use always display on feature.
I tried force strating etc but of no use.
My both internal and external screens have this issue.
For the internal screen I can only see half of the display on.

Both the screens are working in proper condition for all other use.

Any remedies and suggestions.?
16 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Hi Shaj,
You can try resetting your "Always On Display" app from Settings.
(Settings > Apps > Tap the small button on right of "Your apps" title > toggle ON "show system apps" > Search "Always On Display " > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. )

Also please make sure, your software is up-to-date (Settings > Software update > Download and install) and also all the apps from both Playstore and Galaxy store.

After that set your AOD preferences at Settings > Lockscreen > Always On Display.
Thank you.
0 Likes
shaj1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Hi
Thank you for the responses.
I did the updates , did the clear cache and data.
It worked well first,after some time - same issue
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Could you please explain that in detail. What problem you face with the AOD? What difference you notice since last week?
0 Likes
shaj1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
I am using AOD for long. Last some days AOD is not been shown. I tried to rest the phone, force restart and normal restart the phone. It will work for a while and again go black.
This is the case for the front screen. For the main display - it' was showing righsode display and left-side blank. Mean I can see half of the screen in AOD mode.
But to use the phone for normal works , it's working perfectly.
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Fold
AOD works in two modes.
1) Tap to show: If you tap your black screen once, it shows for 10 sec and turns off again.
2) Show always: AOD never turns off.
Which mode you were using?
0 Likes
Galaxy Fold
🇦🇪🇵🇸🇸🇦🇶🇦
0 Likes
shaj1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Always on Screenshot_20211002-201034_AlwaysOnDisplay_113956.jpg
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Please check wheather you have turned ON power saving mode. AOD may not work in power saving mode. If that's ok, check in safe mode.
(Press and hold the power off button. ( 🔴 Red button on the screen).To exit the safe mode, just restart the device).
Let me see wheather it's working in safe mode.
0 Likes
shaj1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Hi I did the safe mode option , it was working.
Again when it was on normL mode it displayed for 5 secs and went dark. I personally feel that left side of the screen ( in main screen) is blocking the AOD. Screenshot_20211002-203612_Samsung Members_113968.jpg
0 Likes