Original topic:

DEX on Fold series

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 01:02 AM)
Dr0N
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Fold
so, both Huawei Mate X2 & Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold have desktop mode running On Them. Why doesnt the (Z Fold series of phones) not run DEX ON them natively (Without having to cast/mirror to a tv/monitor)?

I mean ON the phones themselves
11 Comments
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Fold
Fold has Dex
0 Likes
Dr0N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Yes I know, but it doesnt run ON fold, it runs when connected to a monitor. The point was for DEX to show up On the fold screen itself.
0 Likes
Galaxy Fold
Hello Dr0N, Hope you are well. The purpose of Samsung DeX mode is to connect your Galaxy to your monitor or TV so that you can take a closer look at your videos, documents etc on the larger screen while still using your phone as a phone.

Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G supports DeX to connect your Fold to a bigger screen and also the Multi active window feature on Fold 3 can run 2 apps side by side or upto 3 apps at once. Hope this helps. Cheers!

0 Likes
Dr0N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for your kind reply. I cant help but think of the benefits of having DeX running on the phone itself since it would enrich the user's experience and add more to the essential dynamic between samsung's devices plus the productivity aspect. It pains me to see that the competitors running desktop mode on their devices while samsung that invented desktop mode (DeX) doesnt allow it to run on the fold (which transforms to a mini-tablet).
jae
Active Level 3
Galaxy Fold
I agree. I had samsung tab s7 plus which has dex mode directly. I sold it then purchased z fold 3 thinking it can replace my tablet. Im surprised it doesnt have that function. It could utilize the huge screen of the fold.

I hope they update it to be allowed directly on the phone.
Dr0N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Yes, I too thought it was the natural next step to the DeX-Fold tech.
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Fold
What's the purpose of using Dex on Smaller screen?
0 Likes
Dr0N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
A- Its a productivity solution since you can use it independent of a monitor/screen.
B- you shouldn't be tethered down to a screen if you work on-the-go same as having a dex enabled tablet.
C- the familiarity of the mode and compactibility of the Fold device.
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Fold
Thanks Dr0N for your thoughts.