Original topic:

Carrier Service Issues after Android 12/One UI4.0 update

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 03:21 PM)
SporkLover
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have unfortunately developed carrier service connection issues after applying the Android 12 / OneUI 4 update on my Fold 3. 

The phone is all of a sudden having issues staying connected to my carrier's (T-Mobile USA) network when it did not have issues before.  Other Samsung devices in the household have no issues with the same Carrier, it is just my phone. 

I called the carrier and followed troubleshooting instructions to:

•  Manually select network
  •  Reset Network settings
  •  Re-provision phone service
  •  New Sim card
  •  Countless restarts

They will call me as a follow up in 24 hours.  They say that if the issue is not resolved then we will need to look at hardware issues potentially antenna issues/firmware issues. After the call I did check the signal status on the phone and it read -113db which is pretty poor.  Sitting side by side with a Note 20 Ultra on the same carrier network they are seeing much stronger signals in the -50 to -60 range. So I am afraid that this is a hardware related issue. 

It's a little frustrating that I will have to go through a repair/replacement process because this is a babied flagship device  so there is no abuse involved.  It's even more frustrating that I bought my device through Samsung direct rather than T-Mobile...which means the repair/replacement process will likely be more of a hassle. 

Are there other trouble shooting steps that I should attempt before heading down the repair/replace route?  

4 Comments
dilshan1
Active Level 4
Galaxy Fold
Try to setup network 4 g only
I'm also having same issue
0 Likes
SporkLover
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Fold

Unfortunately switching network modes doesn't help.  I still have frequent long stretches of time without any network service at all.  If I try and make a call I am presented with an error message that the phone is not registered on a network. 

Tonight I will try and swap my sim with other working devices in the household to see if I can further narrow it down to a hardware issue. 

0 Likes
dilshan1
Active Level 4
Galaxy Fold
Download samsung band selection app and set only 4 g or 3 g it will work..
0 Likes
MrHoHo
Active Level 5
Galaxy Fold
How
0 Likes