Original topic:

Z Flip Dual Sim! Incorrect info @ Samsung's

(Topic created on: 01-19-2022 11:39 AM)
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Flip
I got the Z Flip based on the fact it is dual sim as you can see when ordering. Just a word of cautious, it is NOT ... I can use Esim I don't have an issue but this is an error of description in Samsung Gulf page. It shows such info not in the main page but once you add to cart in order to complete your order as shown below 

6 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Flip
I think we cant blame them for this. They have provided everything in detail in the official specs. And in the basket they can only mention just "dual" which is obviously dual itself. "Dual" only means that it can support two sims (past or present, meaning is same). We assumed that both are physical sim cards and its our fault 😉. Anyway does your network support esim?Screenshot_20210908-210744_Chrome_55444.jpg
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Flip
Interesting interpretation. But I don't agree with it .. as you see , the fold also mentioned DUAL which meant dual physical sim which is correct. So consistency is the Judge here 😁
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Flip
Sticking to my own side🙂.
In olden days the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) was printed on a piece of plastic and distributed to users. Now it is inbuilt in the phone. By the time people misinterpreted that it is the piece of plastic what sim is and not the module. So its time to correct that interpretation and not to change the term SIM. 🙃
What if both sims are electronic. Should we still say it is dual or it is a "NO-SIM" phone? 😶
0 Likes
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Flip
Well, you can simply say 9 Sims 😁
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Flip
🏃😃
0 Likes
Ais9
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Flip
I think esim and physical sim dual sim, but it should mention that because same people don't like switching to esim because it is cost money I hope all mobile companies do like virgen mobile you can switching without cost any time between esim and physical sim
0 Likes