Original topic:

Don't Buy Samsung Care + Plus or Flip 4

(Topic created on: 01-07-2023 08:40 AM)
Ayah AR
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Flip

Most horrible service is Samsung Care + and don’t buy the Flip 4

I got my phone and in les than a month it got hard to open it and one day it clicked open in the middle. I went to the service center as I got with it 2 years of Samsung Care + . When I got to the service centre at Harman House – Mirdif City Centre, Dubai, UAE,  I was attended to by Ramish and Naeem. Not sure who is who, but one of them said the other is new and doesn’t know anything yet and one of them attended to my request.

I explained the situation and the customer service insisted this is not a manufacturing defect, and he kept insisting I dropped the phone although I didn’t and every time I said I didn’t drop it he insisted and said no you did or I don’t know if you’re saying the truth. His attitude and way of dealing with my claim was horrible and very disrespectful and careless. After insisting to write a report to Samsung, he went away for 20 min and came back with a written report to sign but didn’t show me any images. He insists the cost will be something around 459 and when I asked why, show me anything that says this is the cost from Samsung he said we only say it verbally. I asked how much is the new screen, he said 1100 AED which mean Samsung Care + is almost 50% of that cost which is ridiculous for me.

Next day, I get a call from the call center of Samsung explaining that the cost is 459 AED and that Samsung Care + is a discount on pieces. I told her on the website when I got this insurance service, it says we pay an excess and there was an offer for all successful claims to be at 180 AED. She didn’t know what excess mean, how Samsung Care + works and mentioned it is just a discount on the cost of the pieces used in fixing the phone!

I told her what about the manufacturing defect, she said we got pictures showing the whole hinge was gone, although the hinge wasn’t gone and it was there and if Naeem or Ramish took right pictures it will show it is still connected and the phone is clicked out of the hinge in the middle but pieces are there.

Again, the Harman House – Mirdif City Centre, Dubai, UAE customer service staff, I don’t know what pictures they sent and how the hinge is now fully removed! It is weird.

Samsung Care + support and call center are clueless, I got the worst service and now I’m paying 50% of a repair for a phone (Flip 4) that had a manufacturing defect!

2 Comments
heyselnuts
Active Level 1
Galaxy Flip
Omg that's horrible!! I got my flip 4 from the same store 2 weeks ago!! I can't believe I'm reading this!!! One of the reasons they got me into buying the phone is because first of all, they had a promo of including the Samsung Care+ and I clearly asked the staff should something happen with the phone regardless of whose fault is it, they're going to repair it or replace it!
0 Likes
mbushnaq
Active Level 1
Galaxy Flip
Consider Samsung Care+ as a insurance policy. If you actually dig through their website you will find out that it is handled by Alliance insurance. Similar to a car, if you are at fault you will have to pay excess otherwise it becomes a manufacturing defect which should be under warranty and not care+. If you do some research, you will be able to find the full details of the insurance policy including the excess payment details for each device (fold and flip are the highest) and how many claims can be made which is max 2 for 2 yrs care+. So now that you have used one you only have one more claim that you can make in the next 2 yrs
0 Likes