Original topic:

Photos/Videos captured by camera are automatically rotated by 180 degrees.

(Topic created on: 02-24-2023 10:24 PM)
wandering_weeb
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy F
My device is Samsung F62.The images and videos are automatically rotated by 180 degrees. It started recently (don't know whether it was due to any update). I've made an error report about this and nothing the support team said seems to be working. Also I've observed this in whatsapp, the icons are also rotated. So I was thinking this might be actually an orientation problem. 

Are there anyone else who's facing the same issue?
If any solutions please help

Edit: I've went to service center and they said it might be an update issue. So they asked me to backup data and reinstalled the update. Now it's working fine.

0 Likes
8 Comments
RajathSR
Active Level 10
Galaxy F
maybe after the update the camera is unable to detect the orientation of the photos

did you try resetting/clearing the camera app cache and data
Galaxy F
Ofcourse, yes. I've tried clearing app cache and data
0 Likes
Galaxy F
It works quite fine for sometime after restarting the device. After sometime this issue pops up again
0 Likes
RajathSR
Active Level 10
Galaxy F
that's a bug for sure then.

it's a rare issue, so visiting the service center would be the best option. unless you are willing to wait for the next update (which may or may not fix it)
Record4
Active Level 10
Galaxy F
Send error reports and screenshot to Samsung through Samsung members app.

From Mahammad Rafi.
0 Likes
piyussh07
Expert Level 5
Galaxy F
Try this, and let me know if it's fixed.
0 Likes
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy F

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

However, we would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes