Original topic:

F13 OS update

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 10:06 PM)
Shahinmarzia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy F
Samsung galaxy F13 will get 4 years OS updation???

Reply me please 😌
0 Likes
18 Comments
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
Under 10k device will get 1
10k+ will get 2
Flagships will get 4
a33,a53,a73 will get 4

This maybe changed if samsung encounter any issue

1 or 2 you will get
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy F
The 1st point isn't true. Doesn't matter if your device is under 10k, you'll get 2 major OS updates, not 1.
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
J4+ didn't get 2 major os but j6+ got what you will say now?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy F
Not relevant as those devices are of 2018 and Samsung changed the policy for devices launched in/after 2019. So, devices such as M01, M02, F02s, A01, A02,A02s, A03, A03 core, etc which are below 10k are getting 2 major OS updates, not 1.
0 Likes
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
In 2018 samsung said it will provide 2 I thought it will be for those phones also but it's not true because they provided only 1 for j4+ and 2 for j6+

And I feel there is nothing wrong
Because newer os eats lot of ram
And below 10k device will not have that much ram

For example see f23 5g 4gb users they are facing lags
But 6gb users don't have any issues

But it may cause issue in android 14
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy F
Well I don't know about 2018 but in 2020 samsung said that they will provide 4 years of security patches and atleast 2 major OS updates to every device launched in/after 2019.

And Samsung is giving 2 major OS updates to them as devices launched with Android 10 such as M01, F02s, A02s, A01 (firmware is being tested) recieved 2 major OS updates.

For F23, it was a software bug that caused the lag, as SD 750G is powerful enough not to lag and to handle day to day tasks.

But for other devices with weak processors, it might cause issues. Google's Android go is already dead, so I don't think there is any alternate lighter OS. The only they can do is to trim Android features and optimise One UI core for low end devices.
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
It's not software bug if it's bug it would have affected 6gb ram also because soc will be same to both but I have 6gb varient with no sign of lags or any issues

If they provide it's good but if they drop in last moment people will be dispointed
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy F
It was a software bug mainly faced be people who installed an SD card. And the problem was present in limited devices. Not all units of F23 with 4 GB RAM faced this issue. And 4 GB is enough RAM to handle day to day tasks. My M12 with 4 GB RAM and Exynos 850 doesn't lag if I multitask upto 3 applications. But for more than 3, it will start lagging.
0 Likes
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
SD card(samsung) I also inserted in my phone

And bro using 3 apps is not need

In old devices also can run more then 4 apps

Best is always to take more ram
Safety for future updates also
0 Likes