Original topic:

Samsung C series updates

(Topic created on: 03-16-2019 03:15 PM)
Subbiee
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy C
A day doesn't pass by when at least a few people don't ask about C7/C9 Pro updates. 
Companies support a device for up to 2 years, i.e. give them 2 major Android OS updates. If it's a flagship or upper-midrange device, they usually keep pushing security updates even past the 2 years mark for nearly another year and then the support officially ends. 
It might seem unfair to us but that's how things work in the tech industry. Samsung has a plethora of devices, with different configurations and different model numbers. New devices are coming out every month or every other month. 
If they intended to keep updating alll of their devices, do you have any idea how much resources and time that would take up to optimize the OS for each individual device? They won't have time to develop new software or technology - all they'll be doing is to optimize OSs for age old devices that most people usually switch out for a newer device after two years anyway. 
So, stop whining. Next time you buy a shiny new phone keep in mind that no matter no matter how much money you spend, your device is going to be supported for 2 years at max. 

Oh, and no, your C9 pro/C7 pro won't get Android Pie because it already got 2 OS upgrades - from Marshmallow to Nougat, then to Oreo. It's officially dead. MOVE. ON.
6 Comments
Dr_Anand
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
I have also samsung c9 pro, and I'm very disappointed by Samsung.
Dr_Anand
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
Samajh me to ye nahi ata hai ki jab iss phone me na to os update time pe mila, na hi security patch, na aur na hi phone ka camera acha hai, to iss phone ki price itani mahgi kyu rakhi gayi thi...? Suru ke ek saal tak wait kiya ki iski jo jo bhi problem's hai wo software update me fix ho jayega. But Samsung aaj kal bas mobile bechta hai uske bad bhool hi jata hai.
0 Likes
Dr_Anand
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
Aisa hi chalta raha to samsung ke fan's hi samsung pe bharosa nahi ker payenge.
0 Likes
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy C
A nicely written post. The only disappointing thing about C9 pro is that it didn't come with nougat out of the box. If I am not wrong, Nougat was released around that time only.
0 Likes
sammisam
Active Level 6
Galaxy C

Thanks for the info

0 Likes
walle2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy C
not done samsung do something
0 Likes