Original topic:

Pop up ads

(Topic created on: 02-13-2020 07:11 PM)
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy C
I am using C9 pro for last more than 2 years and I would say it is an excellent phone.
From yesterday evening onwards all of a sudden I started getting pop up ads by every about 5 minutes and it is continued till now. I am getting very much irritated. I spoke with Samsung customer care twice but somehow the issue is not resolved.
I then searched on the Internet and did many changes in Chrome n  Samsung Internet browsers's settings, but I am still getting pop up ads and now 10/15 seconds videos as well. It is soooooo irritating when pop up in between when I am in middle of something.
I installed ad blocker, it prevents pop ups from fully displaying but for a second screen becomes blank. And ads keep on coming. Those are not stopped. 
Samsung person says I have to reset the phone and that is the only option but I do not want to do that. Earlier in spite of taking proper back up and reinstalling it properly, I lost my important data. I want to avoid doing that.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
I want to stop the ads popping up only. 
PLEASE HELP. 
20 Comments
Galaxy C
Samsung ui doesn't have ad
clear the data of chrome or uninstall the unnecessary third party apps
Dstreetwolf
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
I did everything mentioned in the link provided but no success. Now getting one single video of 15 sec again n again after each 5 min
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
I tried all options. But still I will try one more time. Thanks a lot.
0 Likes
Rajrup2002
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
I can help you
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
Pl do that
0 Likes
Dstreetwolf
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
Did you try holding the ad for few seconds to see which apps' notification was that?
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
No such apps notification is seen. I even cannot stop that video n compelled to watch till end
0 Likes
Dstreetwolf
Active Level 6
Galaxy C
Also look in the installed app section to find any strange app like without a proper icon?
0 Likes