Original topic:

Application to work as answering machine

(Topic created on: 05-21-2020 11:11 PM)
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy C
I am using Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro handset and I am looking for an application which can work as Answering Machine on my phone.
In case if I can't take incoming calls, application should auto answer the caller with pre-recorded voice.
Anyone has any idea about such application? 
8 Comments
Raian114
Active Level 6
Galaxy C

You can use Google assistant but it may not help you in answering calls. But it is very useful.

Warning! Never use **bleep** BIXBY. Only use Google Assistant. 

0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
Google assistant cannot answer calls. And I need answering option. Pixel phones have that facility.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy C
not possible ...but it's possible by Bixby routine if you connect your device by bluetooth headphones......one app is there can't talk beta ...that can also do that
0 Likes
Galaxy C
Why dont you use your service provider voice mail?

Why you want to reinvent the wheel?
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
Mine is pre paid connection. And when I was using post paid n used that feature but it was not satisfactory
0 Likes
Galaxy C
Well I am not aware of any such app.
And I doubt if there are any better than voice mail.

And the closest option would be voice mail (you can use voice mail on prepaid connection) or contact your service provider to have a pre recorded message if call is unanswered on prepaid if possible.
0 Likes
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy C
Okay. Thks
0 Likes
MaXi32
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy C

I think this is not possible anymore as it has been discussed before that android restricting audio API call to prevent prank/fraud call used by users. I still remember when I use Nokia N91 it has this app call AutoPilot. When someone call me, I can set AutoPilot to anwer that call automatically, it mute the mic (so the caller doesn't hear my voice), and they can only listen to a custom mp3 file (I can put my voice or any voices), Then, I can start recording his voice.. I also can put **bleep** background like I'm at the mall. Isn't that interesting ? There were many more features. Sadly this is all depends on the API restriction. If you love this feature, you gotta use another phone like Sony Xperia. The only Samsung phone that I know is working is samsung J7 with the app called "Telman real answering machine" but that device has been discontinued. 

There's actually a way how to implement this using Tasker on XDA but the sound quality isn't great and you cannot mute mic or transfer the audio through earpiece speaker. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tasker-project-local-voicemail-answer-machine.3076273/

Actually, what are you looking for is similar to how to play music on earpiece. If we are able to do this we can develop the best answering machine app. But sadly this feature is restricted by Android: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-how-play-music-during-call.923200/#post-81977081

In brief this feature is not available due to legal issue as stated from various sources but some devices like sony xperia doesn't have this restriction. So IMO I think this is based on phone brand restriction. Samsung you gotta enable this.

0 Likes