Original topic:

Any comments, Samsung?

(Topic created on: 09-20-2017 09:43 PM)
parrytosh
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy C
Hi all.

It's very evident that the entire C series lineup is an afterthought by Samsung for Indian market. It was created for China market to counter the likes of Oppo Vivo etc. In India, there is no way Samsung can compete with those brands due to their pricing but they decided to release it anyway... Samsung has a strong presence in India with J series and On series in mid segment. Hence they are so prioritising updates in the same manner.

Logically, after the flagships, price wise as well as specs wise, A series and C series should have been the second in line to prioritising the updates but they have completely skipped the C series and moved on to J and On series with their updates. I read news item that they started testing Nougat somewhere in mid August in their Chinese version devices. So I don't think we can expect the Nougat to arrive anytime before December and can reistically forget about oreo.

Samsung, any comments?
0 Likes
4 Comments
wolfie
Active Level 4
Galaxy C
Yea bro .... I too feel bad about Samsung for doing that .... but don't worry you may get an update with android 8.0
0 Likes
parrytosh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy C
Fingers crossed..
0 Likes
sgs627
Active Level 4
Galaxy C
Lol we, the S8 users didn't even get Bixby when it was launched over 200 countries when there are only 196 countries in the whole world.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy C
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your feedback. Sir, Samsung offers you the best value on the product released. Updates are rolling out by time to time for the devices, However it totally depends on the availability and compatibility of the update with the devices. Nougat is already planned for the concern Samsung devices soon these are going to receive a nougat update.
0 Likes