Original topic:

wifi calling

(Topic created on: 12-08-2019 10:32 AM)
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy A
Is the wifi calling function really available in a20. In online they are say it is available. But when I see it in the telephone app it is not .please say me a solution for it😔😔😔
19 Comments
Galaxy A
Bro, it's a term for wifi calling I.e voice over wifi..VoWifi..voice calling with the help of wifi..obviously no one will give tab name VoWiFi..so just named wifi calling(hope am not wrong)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digit.in/article/amp/telecom/51222/airtel-users-can-now-use-vowifi-...
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Sidhabhi is right bro, in India it's one and the same thing, VoWIFI is commonly referred as WiFi calling. Airtel has started enabling it in certain rural circles to aid network connectivity.
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
No, they are one and the same thing, here's a more concise diagram.
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Bro, in your own diagram it clearly shows how wifi calling connects to IMS via PGW.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Bro, you if its misleading then y don't you write a blog on this,also please suggest Samsung and other company to change their settings from wifi calling to VoWifi calling..bhai aap ni samajh rehe ho..fact ye hai..khair..that's your perception and observation..and rest is my perception..👍🌝..aur ha bhai baat sirf is par ho rehi hai ki wifi calling kaam kar raha hai ya ni..k..so don't be so judgmental..chahe woh Vowifi ho ya wifi, kaam to karega wifi calling feature rehne pe hi..
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Dude..I am not a developer..nor a programmer not a knowledgeable like u k dude..gt this dude..and rest be happy..bhai khud likh rehe ho ki Vowifi needs wifi and that's why company named it as wifi calling....Bhai log puch rehe hai ki wifi calling tab ni aa raha and your argument is going in different direction..
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Let it be Sidhabhi, he doesn't seems to be the kind of person who accepts his mistakes when he is wrong. He thinks that he knows everything, he might be interested in these topics but he clearly does not have a proper understanding of how this thing works.

@Sammobile, bro... VoWifi does not refer to OTT applications. Infact, VoLTE and VoWifi came into existence because of these OTT apps.

Traditional mobile phones could only make calls on voice networks (2G and 3G). To fill this void, OTT apps like Skype and Whatsapp hit the market with high-quality calling and messaging enabled over any data connection, LTE or WiFi.

Operators then started to see a huge decline in the revenue they used to get from voice calling and text messaging. Users realized that they could save their minutes and messages by simply calling and messaging with their OTT apps.

Operators were forced to focus on data as their key service offering. Finally, voice over LTE (VoLTE) was introduced and calls could be made over a data connection.

But, calls still couldn’t be made on WiFi. But it was only a matter of time.

Today, all new phones hitting the market are WiFi calling enabled too, meaning a user can make a call on WiFi with their phone, without using an OTT app. This is often referred to as VoWiFi.

But, native VoWiFi calls (not through an OTT app) will not work on a WiFi calling enabled smartphone unless the operator makes the required changes in their network. This is what a WiFi calling solution provides. So, until the operator changes out their network, their users will have to use an OTT app to make VoWiFi calls.
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Dude, did you even read it.

"Today, all new phones hitting the market are WiFi calling enabled too, meaning a user can make a call on WiFi with their phone, without using an OTT app. This is often referred to as VoWiFi".

This line clearly says that wifi calling is referred to as VoWifi
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Okay bro fine😂.. You are a professional network engineer. I am not here to fight, it's different, I am happy with what I know you keep on telling others its different. 🤣🤣
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
@SammobileMarketwatch.. Take this dude, now call this BS too, I pulled this article from CISCO's website. Now call this a conspiracy, it seems that Cisco is mis-guiding people, I don't know from where are you getting your information but CISCO is itself referring wifi calling as VoWifi.
Aur Beizzat hona hai toh reply Karte reh... Ab toh accept kar le bhai.. ya dikha de jaha se tu information pa raha hai.. Bhej mujhe tere module ka link.. I'll read it and get back to you and if I'm wrong I'll accept it