Original topic:

when will my samsung a50s receive android 11

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 07:00 AM)
Divide
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
It came with Android 9 out of the box and by Samsung's update policy we should be getting till android 12 in this phone so I'm not worried abt that. The fact is my uncle who owns an m21 which costs just 14k Inr got one ui 3.0 I don't see how thats fair considering my phone costed close to 23k. Samsung should atleast release a beta for the phone considering they're both carbon copies with the exclusion of a optical front fp scanner, a 32 megapixel front selfie camera and a nfc pad

Update
I got in contact with samsungs amazing 24/7 customer service and this was what I was informed. Hope this helps anyone else who was wondering abt the same thing I was

12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
A50S will get One UI 3.0 and android 11 by Apr. 21
Divide
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
yes thank u I got in contact with the customer service they told they'll pass the news to the devs
Soumen123
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
m21 running on one ui 3.0 core ,but A50s will get one ui 3.0 ,so please wait and m21 is a 2020 device ..so it got 3.0 early
Divide
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
got it thanks but also the fact that its from 2020 shouldn't be the reason as I dont see how that matters. the fact it runs on the core version makes sense but then if samsung is just gonna focus on new phones then that isn't fair
Soumen123
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
absolutely agree, 👍
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
M series are getting updates fast because they run on One UI core version which gives less features . But A series run on One UI full version which have better optimisation , KNOX Security , and more features. So it will take time to get updated .
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Exactly, that is why the updates for M31s and M51 are not out yet. They have some more features and Knox.
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Yeah!
Divide
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
got it thank u